We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisas Trinidad!

Peterborough
Level Contributor
176 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Brisas Trinidad!

HELP! We are a couple of days from booking our New Years eve trip to Cuba - and Brisas Trinidad is WAY up there - reviews are up and down - please ... any recent info. We have been to Cuba many times and many places - the important things for us: people (I, know, people are people - treat them well and you get the same back!), cleanliness, BEACH, weather, what to bring - for Cubans (I think I have this down pat), also for us (bug spray?). We are so looking forward to spending New Years in Cuba - been there a number of times for Xmas but never New Years - anything special we can bring/do? Thanks in advance for your help!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisas Trinidad!

A little off the path for most of Cuba. So read up and go with your instincts of what you are seeking.

Frank

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
5,943 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisas Trinidad!

Geographer2, you're going to absolutely LOVE Trinidad. It's undoubtedly the most beautiful town in all of Cuba. Lots to see and do there...great cultural experiences and very earthy latin vibe.

One word of advise though...you mentioned bringing things for the Cubans...be careful with this when in Trinidad. My wife and I were swarmed by beggars there. If you stop to give something to one, the others will be all over you. And it's only because this practice pays off for them that they continue to do it. So please don't fall victim and/or give anything to them to encourage this terrible behaviour. Hire a taxi with good English speaking driver and ask him to take you to remote areas outside of Trinidad where your aid will be much more appreciated.

Wish I was going too! You picked a great one! Have fun!

Terry

Playa Diego
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisas Trinidad!

Never stayed at the Brisas but the public beach is fine & clean, weather anywhere north of Santiago can be iffy in Jan & Feb. Was there, stayed in a CP, the first week in Feb a couple years ago, one day I wore a sweater on the beach, couple days later it was OK.

There is (was) a hop on hop off bus from the resort to town, supposed to run every hour but was kind of hit & miss for 1 CUC.

New Years is more a family holiday so not much going on outside the resort.

Personally never take gifts, just tip according to service.

Trinidad is a cool town to explore, third oldest in Cuba, if I remember correctly, you should have a good holiday.

Peterborough
Level Contributor
176 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brisas Trinidad!

Muchas gracias mi amigo!

5. Re: Brisas Trinidad!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2011, 06:25
Get answers to your questions about Cienfuegos