We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Night Honeymoon Dinner in Wailea Area

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
First Night Honeymoon Dinner in Wailea Area

Hi,

My wife and I will be staying at the 4 Seasons for 4 nights, starting April 30, which is also the first night we will be in Hawaii for our honeymoon (6 nights Maui/5 nights Kauai/2 nights Oahu).

I would really like to have a memorable dinner our first night there---the 4 Seasons has Spago, but I have heard hot and cold about that place, and they have an 'ultimate romance' dinner which cost more than what our plane tickets were to Hawaii---I'm willing to pay a fair amount,but not $800-900!!!.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a very romantic dinner in the Wailea area--something within approximately a 1/2 hour drive??? Perhaps something that if not on any beaches, are very close to it?? Like I said, if its expensive, that's fine, but $800-900 seems ridiculous..

Thanks!!!

John C.

New York. NY

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
259 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First Night Honeymoon Dinner in Wailea Area

For some other dinner ideas:

When we were in Maui almost 3 years ago (stayed at the Kea Lani), we ate out at "better" restaurants every night and our favorite--by far-- was Pacific O's in Lahaina ( I think it was about 35 minutes from Wailea if I remember correctly). A close second was Nick's Fishmarket at the Kea Lani, which is right next door for you and won't be too tiring of a walk on your first night (and very romantic). We will be returning to the Kea Lani this July and I look forward to dining at those places again (but looking for some other new places as well). But like the previous poster said....you will be so exhausted....room service on the lanai sounds just perfect!

Illinois
Level Contributor
952 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First Night Honeymoon Dinner in Wailea Area

We had dinner at Spago on our last night (10/27/06) and it was great. I was worried because, like you said, it seems like people either love it or hate it.

For your first night, after the long day of traveling, I'd go for Ferraro's. It's right at the Four Seasons, and is right above the beach. It is definitely romantic, since you dine outside under the stars. Spago is open air, but is on the lobby level (a couple floors above beach level). It's more upscale and elegant than Ferraro's--not that Ferraro's is completely casual--I guess I'd call it casual elegance, if there is such a thing.

Actually, Ferraro's has been our first night choice for 3 trips, so I guess I have a bias. We make reservations in advance, and let them know it's our first night. We've always gotten a great table with a beautiful view of the sunset. It will be wonderful start to your honeymoon, especially since you can just walk back to your room afterwards (I hate having to drive anywhere on our first night).

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
232 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First Night Honeymoon Dinner in Wailea Area

Nick's Fishmarket at the Fairmont Kea Lani (next door to the Four Seasons) is really nice and romantic. Also has great service.

We tried Ferraro's for dinner but I really preferred lunch there over dinner.

Although, I think I have to agree with the previous poster about having them set up a romantic dinner on your lanai if you are coming in late. Definitely a nice touch (they also do breakfast set-up and it's quite a treat.)

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: First Night Honeymoon Dinner in Wailea Area

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for your great advice--my wife and I did Capische on our first night in Wailea, and it was outstanding. What a view of the sunset, and the food was a real homerun. As someone here warned us, we were both struck down by jetlag (having flown from NYC)--my poor wife in particular almost literally fell out her chair after her 1 glass of wine; she was so tired. We had Nicks the next night (also outstanding)--interestingly, we tried Ferraros on another night--its a beautiful place, practically right on the Ocean surf, but the food was just ok...

BTW, my own suggestion for anyone who wants to do something special for their signficant other if they are on kauai is to arrange a private dinner on Annini Beach (2 miles from Princeville resort) with 'www.tropicalchefs.net' .The guy who runs it, Richie Bowman, gave my wife and I our best-cooked meal in 2 weeks in Hawaii in an unforgettable beach setting (and for less than $400...)

Thanks Again

JC

Level Contributor
89 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: First Night Honeymoon Dinner in Wailea Area

is capische worth going at sunset or will a late dinner like 830-9 be okay? i would like to see a view if there view there is amazing

antioch
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: First Night Honeymoon Dinner in Wailea Area

sweetiepie,it is,so go ahead and make your sunset reservation you wont be disappointed just make sure mr.sweetiepie has some $$$$.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
72 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: First Night Honeymoon Dinner in Wailea Area

We just got back a few days ago, and the timeline for sunset was from 7:15pm to about 7:40pm. Your 6:15pm reservation should allow you to enjoy your meal, then watch the sunset over dessert and coffee.

18. Re: First Night Honeymoon Dinner in Wailea Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 11:23