We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wailea beach marriott slides not open????

northridge...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
wailea beach marriott slides not open????

hello, our friends are staying at the wailea marriott and have told us that the waterslides are currently closed. anyone have any info on why and when they might be re-opening. we're planning a trip in march. thanks

Denver
Level Contributor
170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wailea beach marriott slides not open????

I'm too planning a trip in March and have read reports that the Marriott is under renovation; can you tell me what your friends have reported? Is it still under renovation?

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
11,067 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wailea beach marriott slides not open????

Why not call the hotel and ask? I would think that they would know better than anyone... right?

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wailea beach marriott slides not open????

1 808 879 1922

orange county
Level Contributor
699 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wailea beach marriott slides not open????

I was there 2 days ago. While I didn't use the pools, I walked by them and didn't notice any slides whatsoever, let alone slides that were closed.

There were 2 (maybe 3) pools, but they were small infinity pools. Definitly nothing too exciting for kids. Maybe I missed them, but I doubt it.

Didn't notice any construction around the hotel aside for landscaping.

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wailea beach marriott slides not open????

heras- there is a kids pool area with 2 waterslides at the south end of the resort. (near the Wailea beach Villas and Wailea beach) There is 1 semi-long slide and a short slide into a small plunge pool. There is also a play structure in a shallow pool for the younger children in the same area. Nothing fancy by any means but my kids really enjoyed the slides when they were younger.

orange county
Level Contributor
699 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wailea beach marriott slides not open????

hmm...guess I'm blind. I was coming from the Grand Wailea so I wasn't sure where the Marriott started. But now that I think about it, I do recall seeing a kiddie pool and I never touched that area. Thanks for the info!

7. Re: wailea beach marriott slides not open????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2008, 15:26
Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wailea beach marriott slides not open????

Looks like AZ2323 went there and posted a review and even changed their little avatar showing someone coming out of the big water slide. Just for reference for one of the repliers, if you look at the resort pics, there is a kids pool with a climbing and slide structure and water features and then a big water slide for older kids and adults to enjoy. Looks like a lot of fun if you don't mind spending several hundred bucks a night. I think we'll try to hit San Dimas over the summer and spend considerably less going to Raging Waters.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wailea beach marriott slides not open????

The kids pool is set back away from the Adult Pool, which I think is perfect. They have smaller water slides and there own little "beach" area. It is perfect for families with under children.

Bird49

Level Contributor
435 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: wailea beach marriott slides not open????

I just got off of the phone with them, ( Sun. 3/16 )

and they told me that the water slides are open.

FYI

Get answers to your questions about Wailea