We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the Weather Like?

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
knb
colorado
Level Contributor
705 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What's the Weather Like?

Will be leaving for Maui (Wailea area) in 4 days. The weather calls for showers everyday next week. I hope that doesn't mean it will rain all day......Anyone know?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,486 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: What's the Weather Like?

Maui does have various micro climates. That's why we rely on Glenn James forcasts!! He's as local as you can get.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: What's the Weather Like?

Hi, I'm acutally in Maui right now. We just got here yesterday afternoon after 2 days in Honolulu. It's true that it has rained quite a bit, but more like a mist or sprinkle, not a real rain. In fact people don't even leave the beach. The problem has been the clouds, not the rain. We've gotten brief periods of sunshine. I'm hoping for some better weather too! I agree with not trusting the weather forecasts. I've been reading them obsessively the last few days, and they all seem to be slightly different. The local news program said rain/clouds through the weekends, then just clouds after that.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: What's the Weather Like?

We're leaving on Sunday for a week in Maui. We're in Phoenix so the sun doesn't really concern us except for the day out on the Trilogy. Can anyone suggest clothing for a week? Resort casual?? THX!

Doylestown
Level Contributor
140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: What's the Weather Like?

Aloha all! I am sitting here looking out at the most beautiful morning in Maui. But, that can change in a blink of the eye. Saturday was miserable here. It poured, it drizzled, it sprayed and was a bit chilly. Yesterday was beautiful but very windy. We are in Kapalua and the weather can be quite dramatic at times. If you don't like the weather were you are just go for a ride.....it really does change. We went to Iao Valley area yesterday and on the way the weather was beautiful until we got to Iao......coming home it again was beautiful until we got to Kapalua...We got showered and headed to Kaanapali for the evening were again it was beautiful. So does change where ever you are so don't go by the weather reports! A word of advice don't stop for fruit at the roadside stands. A small pineapple will cost you $7 and a large $10. You can get a huge one at Costo for $2.79 beware of the ripoffs.

knb
colorado
Level Contributor
705 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: What's the Weather Like?

Thanks for the update on the weather. We leave in the morning for Maui. Since Wailea is considered the desert side, we are hoping for sun, sun, sun! Also, thanks for the tip on the fruit stands. We are planning to make a stop at Costco when we arrive.

26. Re: What's the Weather Like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 15:18