We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Maui

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Maui

Hi

We're going to be staying in Maui June 2011 for our honeymoon. I have my heart set on staying at the Four Seasons especially as i'm finding it difficult to find another hotel which compares to it. However this does take a large portion on the budget and i'm trying my best sales techniques with Hubby-to-be that this is the right choice. I'm also trying to see if we can get any deals via a FSPP.

The question.....is there a hotel which is similar in quality, facilities which costs less than FS?

Thanks for your help

SJ

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
218 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Maui

Simply put, no.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
138 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Maui

one option......we stayed at the sheraton for the first five nights and then treated ourselves to the four seasons for the last three. i'll send you a pm regarding a fspp...free breakfast buffet for the length of the stay, one free lunch, and guaranteed, if available, room upgrade (we were upgraded from mountain view to prime ocean view).

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Maui

The Ritz is great. I love that it's in more of a secluded area than the Four Seasons. If you're a AAA member, you can get a discount at the Ritz. Club level is the best if you can fit it in your budget.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
21,060 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Maui

The Ritz at Kapalua.

Also, think about how much time you will be spending AT the hotel. Don't you want to get out and explore Maui? There are many great hotels in the world -- many much closer to you! You're presumably coming to Maui because you are interested in the island.

You can enjoy 4S service for less if you book it on Lanai. There, there are fewer things to do outside of the resort!

nwf
NSW Australia
Level Contributor
910 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Maui

Hi there,

If you want a bit more then pay for it..It might be the only chance in a

lifetime..All the best for the future...NWF...

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11,018 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Maui

Could not think of a better place than Maui for a honeymoon, congrats, good luck and have fun. Hubie

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,708 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Maui

Why don't you tell us what you are looking for in your hotel and in your island. Why did you chose Maui? What is it about the 4S that especially appealed to you?

I have stayed at both the 4S and the Ritz. I preferred the latter. The 4S is not a beautiful hotel; the building is not very attractive, nor is the main landscaping, nor is the main pool. The upstairs infinity pool is very beautiful, however, although often full of drinkers sitting at the swim-up bar. The rooms are large, handsome, and very comfortable, but because of the design of the hotel, the views can be a little disappointing. The bathrooms are big and well equipped but nothing special. Everything is absolutely immaculate and in top condition. The service at the 4S is magnificent.If you enjoy lounging in a poolside cabana while being waited on by barmen and massage therapists, this is the place for you. I did not care for the beach; it's not a patch on the lovely beach in front of the Makena Beach and Golf Resort down the road. The hotel restaurants are expensive but excellent, as is the staff at the spa.

The Ritz is just as expensive as the 4S. It has a more Hawaiian feel and a much more beautiful setting. The service is very good but not quite the equal of the 4S. The snorkeling in the area is much better; in fact, I think it's the best in Maui. Certainly it has the healthiest coral. The Ritz is a little less in the thick of things than the 4S; it has a more secluded feel.

You have other choices besides Maui. The Manele Bay 4 Seasons on Lanai is wonderful and much cheaper than the 4S Maui. The 4S on the Big Island is supposed to be the best of the lot; I can't vouch for that as I have yet to stay there. The Mauna Kea, on the Big Island, however, is a beautiful hotel with a heavenly beach. It would make a great place for a honeymoon. However, not everyone is cut out to enjoy Lanai or the Big Island, just as some of us are not all that thrilled with Maui.

It may be that Maui calls to you for a special reason. If that is the case, the 4S and the Ritz are far and away your best choices for a luxurious honeymoon. No other hotel compares.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon in Maui

Another viewpoint:

We've stayed at high dollar resorts and stayed at reasonably priced hotels. Over the years we decided we would rather stay at a reasonable priced hotel, stay longer and still stay within our budget. If you offer me a week at the FS or Ritz or two weeks or more at a reasonable place, I'll take the longer stay. The last several years we've been able to stay a month at a time rather than a week or two. It all depends on what your priority is.

Rex

9. Re: Honeymoon in Maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2011, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Wailea