We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Reunion June-July 2012

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
20 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Family Reunion June-July 2012

Hi All, we have decided on Wailea as our destination for a family reunion next summer. There will be 14 of us ranging in age from 3-73. We would like two condos that each sleep about 7 of us. We are interested in a great beach with easy access and as low-rise a development as possible. Any suggestions? We are low-key, but enjoy nice facilities. Not huge fans of mobs of people, if avoidable. We are relatively flexible on cost, but would also like to keep the "nickel and diming" to a minimum (paying for beach chairs and towels). Many Thanks in advance for any advice!

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,165 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Reunion June-July 2012

You'll find more 2-BR condos than 3-BR's, but you'd need 3-BR's if you want one to sleep seven people. Think if this will prove to be too much 'togetherness'. How are you 'sorting' the guests, assigning them to the condos?

I don't know of any condos where you pay for chairs or beach towels; that's typical of hotels.

I like this site for South Maui condos: www.mauiownercondos.com The site manager has vetted the listings. No 'dogs' here.

Low-rise and beachfront in Wailea are: Wailea Ekahi and Elua and Makena Surf. Low-rise and near the beach in Wailea are: The Palms and Grand Champions.

Nearby, in South Kihei, Hale Pau Hana has some low-rise units and is on Kamaole II beach. Low-rise and near Kamaole III beach park is Maui Kamaole.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Reunion June-July 2012

You should checkout Ho'olei at Grand Wailea. These are the 3 bedroom condo villas in Wailea. This sounds like just what you are looking for, if cost is not much of an issue.

United States
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Reunion June-July 2012

I'd totally go for Ho'olei if you can afford it!

Three 2 bedroom units might be nicer though. I get sick of traveling with people after 3 days!

Something here might work too: http://www.hotelwailea.com/

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
20 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Reunion June-July 2012

Hotel Wailea looks amazing! If we were doing a non-reunion trip that would be my pick. I feel relaxed just pulling up the website. Thanks for all these suggestions. I have passed them on to the decision makers (in-laws) and will be back with more questions, I'm sure. Thanks!

Modesto
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Reunion June-July 2012

>>>I get sick of traveling with people after 3 days<<<

Kate, your family get-together sounds like fun and memory-making!,,

When my kids were little (now 22 & 25),,we started doing an annual ("mandatory!",,in Grandma's words) get-together at Monterey. We would rent a 3 bedroom/3 bath on the beach and squeeze as many of us as possible for an entire week!,,there were kids on the floor in sleeping bags,,sofa sleepers,,anywhere,!! and we had a great time!,,cherished memories for us all, and esp the kids!

I guess the first step in choosing accommodations is deciding if you want 2- three bedrooms or 3- 2 bedrooms! Or however the configurations work out! Good luck,,!

6. Re: Family Reunion June-July 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 17:16