We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beachfront at Wailea

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Abbotsford, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
beachfront at Wailea

Going early Feb/12 for 10 days; one couple. Would absolutely love something on the beachfront. Can't afford sky-high prices; but could pay moderate prices for something nice. Ideas please?? Thank you so much.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beachfront at Wailea

Beachfront at Wailea would be sky-high prices. You can find more moderate prices beachfront in Kihei.

You can take a look at The Royal Mauian, Kihei Surfside, and Mana Kai Maui. They are beachfront condo resorts on nice beaches in Kihei.

Abbotsford, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: beachfront at Wailea

Thank you so much; it gives me someplace to start. Is North Kihei preferrable to South Kihei; we stayed at maui vista last time ?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beachfront at Wailea

The beaches are better in S Kihei. I would start in Maui Vista (stayed there twice myself) and look there and southward.

Calgary, Ab
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beachfront at Wailea

The Mana Kai and Kihei Surfside share Keawakapu beach so you get Wailea locale (almost) at Kihei prices.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,486 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: beachfront at Wailea

North Kihei is less expensive (along with Maalaea), but the beaches are not as good. Sugar Beach is the exception.

I like this site for South Maui condos: www.mauiownercondos.com Good luck! You're starting very late for February bookings. Get your rental car reserved today!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,406 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beachfront at Wailea

The beaches in south Kihei aren't any better than the ones in north Kihei. Sugar Beach in north Kihei is one of Maui's best beaches and also one that isn't full of people. Great snorkeling, swimming and walking along this beach. There is only one area in all of south Maui that I wouldn't recommend for beach front accommodations and that is due to seaweed which the country cleans up regularly.

Give us your budget. Sky-high and moderate says different things to different people!!

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
149 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beachfront at Wailea

Makena Resort is would be a great option to look into. Moderately priced and they have a wonderful beach to go with it. We love it there.

Abbotsford, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: beachfront at Wailea

Thanks

Abbotsford, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: beachfront at Wailea

We were thinking $150.00 per night; I am not sure what that would get us as we don't know the going rates. Want to celebrate our 25th Anniversary so looking for something reasonable and special.

Thanks

Calgary, Ab
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: beachfront at Wailea

For that time of year, 150.00 may not get you the "special" experience but Sugar Beach might have some opportunities for beachfront. Also, South Kihei has properties across the street from the Kamaole beaches where deals may be found.

Edited: 25 September 2011, 23:48