We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terrace View Rooms at the Grand Wailea Maui

colonia, NJ
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Terrace View Rooms at the Grand Wailea Maui

Has anyone stayed in a Terrace View room at the GW before? Looks on the map like they are adjacent to the parking lot. Wondered if that was the case? Is there any particular location in that Molokini Wing (that Terrace View is in) that is preferrable? I don't want to end up with a view of parked cars. Thanks.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
5,771 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terrace View Rooms at the Grand Wailea Maui

Wailea, and Molokini wing have the parking garage bihind them. We stayed in the Wailea wing with an ocean view and heard the noise from the parking garage.

as far as I know, all rooms face the inside of the resort with outside hallways to get in to your room. Not sure of the Terrace view. look at this website for an aerial view. maybe someone that stayed in the terrace view can chime in, or call the gw and ask. they may put you on the lower floor facing the gardens and probably in the Wailea, Haleakala, or molokini wing.

www.wizardpub.com/maui/mrgrandwailea.html

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terrace View Rooms at the Grand Wailea Maui

We stayed in a terrace view room and as djb explained, the lanai was facing the interior of the resort, meaning the grounds and pool, while the walkway/hallway door was near the garage. We didn't hear any noise from the garage, and we definitely couldn't see it from our lanai. We were on the lowest floor and maybe that's what the "terrace" refers to. It's kind of hard for me to explain, but we had to take elevators down from the lobby area, which you drive up to so it is obviously ground level, but then after the elevator drops you off 3 floors down, you walk down a hall, get into your room, and walk out of your room onto ground level. I'm thinking that these are "terrace" rooms, vs. rooms in a tower that is straight up and down. I know this is confusing but the ground of the hotel are very spread out and kind of confusing. We only stayed two nights on one visit so I don't have a ton of experience. I hated the valet parking, we always had to wait. The hotel common areas are spectacular with a great beach, have a great time!

3. Re: Terrace View Rooms at the Grand Wailea Maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2013, 10:27
Get answers to your questions about Wailea
Recent Conversations