We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Wailea Pool - Good for Toddlers?

Alberta
Level Contributor
768 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Wailea Pool - Good for Toddlers?

Just wondering if the GW pool would be ideal for our 2 small kids (ages 4 and 2), or if the place is more geered towards the older kds and teens. Do they have age/height minimums for the slides? We'd ride down with them regardless, but just want to be sure that they would be allowed on.

Can't decide between this and the Fairmont Kea Lani. I haven't read much about the Fairmont's pool.

We usually stay at the Four Seasons, but we are trying to arrive at New Years and they already have a lengthy waiting list so it doesn't look likely that we'll be getting a room there.

California
Level Contributor
6,544 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Wailea Pool - Good for Toddlers?

Although the pool's are geared for older kids, I would have no problem with bringing kids that age. It's not like your going to let them swim/play in the water at that age without you being next to them anyway. Also I can't remember if there's a separate small wading pool just for smaller kids.

New York
Level Contributor
129 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Wailea Pool - Good for Toddlers?

The Grand Wailea has a zero entry sandy bottom pool that is perfect for toddlers. I think you should be able to ride down with your kids on the slides that connect the pools. There are two bigger slides that they won't be allowed on.

The Kea Lani has a very small toddler wading pool.

Alberta
Level Contributor
768 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Wailea Pool - Good for Toddlers?

Very helpful - thanks!

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
5,790 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Wailea Pool - Good for Toddlers?

hockyfan09

like kirstensmom02 said, GW has a zero entry beach-like pool and a smaller slide for the little ones. But you still have to go down with them. There is a current from the water falling down the slide that puts you under. "at least it put me under" not a good sight lol.... they also have a river like system with Grottos that would be nice to to take your kids on rafts or tubes. very relaxing.

This time my family and I are staying at the Fairmont Kea Lani. I chose this resort because it is suppose to be less busy than the GW. The last time we stayed at GW it was too busy. The kea lani has a nice pool with a smaller waterslide. Don't get me wrong on the GW, it is a very nice resort, but felt that fighting for chairs just isn't what we want to do on this vacation. My kids had a ball in the, if you will, water park . so did we.

If your use to the four seasons, the Fairmont is probably closer to The Four Seasons in terms of service. IMO, nothing tops the Four Seasons service.

Alberta
Level Contributor
768 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Wailea Pool - Good for Toddlers?

Thanks djb,

We've got a reservation in place at the Fairmont. We are still hoping to get into the Four Seasons, but I think the Fairmont will be the next best option for us. Their pool, also seems nice enough that our kids should have a great time.

Edited: 17 February 2012, 17:33
Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
5,790 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Wailea Pool - Good for Toddlers?

We leave in June, i will be posting a review on the forum.

7. Re: Grand Wailea Pool - Good for Toddlers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2013, 10:28
Get answers to your questions about Wailea