We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Up to the minute info on Four Seasons at Wailea

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Up to the minute info on Four Seasons at Wailea

This following is to clarify some questions people have had...

Ok, so we just checked in about five hours ago and so far, this is place is heaven on earth. Check-in is world class as everyone states, so no surprises there other than actually experiencing it (just awesome). For those of you who are still not sure:

- "Basic" wifi is FREE, only high-speed WiFi is extra ($20/d) but I haven't needed that, even sending large emails (600k attachments) was no problem, nor streaming news videos or general browsing.

- The FSR iPad app is working and provides all the info you find in the myriad printed material in the room and more. I haven't found any 'booking' service on the app yet but will keep exploring.

- The bathroom is huge and immaculate- we are in an ocean view room and we have a great view - 45 degree angle but perfect.

We are here thru June 15th so if you have any specific questions, please let me know and I will try and cover them off for you - live and on site!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Up to the minute info on Four Seasons at Wailea

Thanks ... have a great time ... you are not missing anything at home.

Edited: 10 June 2012, 10:35
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Up to the minute info on Four Seasons at Wailea

Have a great time! We will be checking in on the 15 th. looking toward to your future posts, as we start our countdown!

San Carlos...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Up to the minute info on Four Seasons at Wailea

The only question I have is why the heck you are on line? Get outside and enjoy Maui.....

Lawrence, Kansas
Level Contributor
109 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Up to the minute info on Four Seasons at Wailea

Glad they are now offering basic wi-fi. That was the only issue I had when we were there in Feb-Mar. Just wish we were back there.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Up to the minute info on Four Seasons at Wailea

Had half a day exploring the area in the car and picking up supplies at Safeway ( for us Aussies, this is always an OMG moment when you see the range of groceries and cheap liquor) Tip at Safeway at Kihei is to go to the customer service desk and get a club card (don't need to be local or even US resident) and you get the club savings - we saved $35 off $185 total.

No-one is doing the speed limit on the highway! Always 10m/hr over.

Spent the afternoon under a cabana poolside, its not too busy but still need to get in at 7:00 am to get your choice for the day which we will do tomorrow. Cocktails by the pool are between $14 and $17 but very nice, service for free ice water and other things like free frozen lemonade is attentive and regular. we are heading to Cheesburger Island Style (sister to Cbrgr in Paradise in Waikiki) for a casual dinner but will try Ferarros sometime this week.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Up to the minute info on Four Seasons at Wailea

Thanks for that ... looking forward to your daily reports ... Perth is having a very wet few days .. with high winds, roofs off homes and heavy rain ... but it's a novelty for us and we need the rain. Sounds like Melbourne doesn't it?

So enjoy the sunshine...!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Up to the minute info on Four Seasons at Wailea

Melbourne is cold- 4 degrees this morning and ice on the car !!

Only 6 weeks until the Four Seasons- bring it on !!

I have a question. When using the hotel shuttle are we supposed to tip?

Thanks for the updates

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Up to the minute info on Four Seasons at Wailea

Yep ... you tip lots!

I always carried a smallish zipper bag and put in some $1 and $5 for tipping, so I didn't get them mixed up with the bigger notes. I can't afford to tip $50 by mistake! Make sure you have some of those smaller notes before you leave, so you have change for arrival.

Tip the valet if you have a hire car, but only when they bring the car around to you. Tip the maid on a daily basis ... tip the bell boy who brings the cases to your room.

That all adds up on day one, so that's why you need the smaller notes.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Up to the minute info on Four Seasons at Wailea

As I post this it's 7:00am and an army of groundskeepers is just finishing up in the gardens and I am minding my cabana spot waiting for the guys to come and "towel it up" there is another lady here, and she is using various pieces of clothing and towels to reserve a wide array of beach chairs and cabanas like someone placing bets on a roulette table. Anyway, should be another great day, we spent the whole day between the beach and the pool in a sweet cabana, out of the sun and in super comfort. A couple of salads for lunch, a couple of rounds of cocktails and a couple of smoothies landed us about $175 in the red inc $30 tip. But it was awesome. Snorkeling is best done before lunch as the wind picks up after and then they stop handing out gear when it gets too windy. The snorkeling right off the beach at Wailea in front of the FSR is amazing, heaps of coral and I saw two turtles yesterday. Going to do a half day at the resort today and then head up the coast for a drive to chek things out.

10. Re: Up to the minute info on Four Seasons at Wailea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 03:16