We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GW Aug 29 thru Sept 03

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Laguna Beach...
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Topic
GW Aug 29 thru Sept 03

I am wondering if the dates I referenced will be really busy. It is at the end of August so I am hoping it is not too too busy. We have a 13 year old daughter and know this hotel is the right choice but wondering about the dates???

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,927 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GW Aug 29 thru Sept 03

That is basically Labor Day weekend. Yes, it will be busy. Everyone getting their last vacation in before the school year.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,382 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: GW Aug 29 thru Sept 03

Q. When is GW NOT busy -- with LOTS of children?

A. When mainland school is in session. (Sometimes even then!)

Level Contributor
440 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GW Aug 29 thru Sept 03

I thought the second half of August leading into September was LESS busy as folks want to be home getting ready for school to start, school shopping, etc.??

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,927 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GW Aug 29 thru Sept 03

Just depends on where you are from and when your local school starts. My experience is people keep coming to Hawaii until after Labor Day and then it settles down just a bit. Going during the last major holiday of the summer tends to bring lots of people out. Locals will be celebrating too.

5. Re: GW Aug 29 thru Sept 03

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 14:16