We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Honors upgrades????

Laguna Beach...
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Topic
Hilton Honors upgrades????

Does GW do upgrades for being a HH member? We have stayed at Starwood properties in the past and ALWAYS get upgraded so just wondering?????

California
Level Contributor
6,102 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Honors upgrades????

Yes the GW is part of Hilton program but getting an upgrade is always an unknown depending on how full they are. It's part of the Waldorf Astoria collection and requires the highest level of points. Good luck in getting something.

Edited: 09 August 2012, 21:52
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
804 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Honors upgrades????

At which level of HH membership are you? Go to the HH site as the automatic upgrades at the GW according to your level will be described. Might you get an upgrade even though you're not at an upper level? Possibly, but you can't plan on it. As a Starwood member, upgrades are far from automatic when traveling to Hawaii. In fact, the websites of some SPG resorts (such as Westin Villas) specifically say that an upgrade due to Starwood status (even those beyond the lowest level--platinum) generally won't be given.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,618 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Honors upgrades????

Upgrades are less likely when a hotel is running either 'high capacity' or 'very slow'. In a very slow time hotels may close sections and lay off staff.

Laguna Beach...
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Honors upgrades????

Thank you for your replies. It's always nice getting an upgrade, if possible.

Wish me luck!!

Level Contributor
440 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Honors upgrades????

I recommend you check the boards on the Hilton HHonors forums on FlyerTalk to see what kinds of upgrades people are getting.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,250 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Honors upgrades????

HHonors allows you to use points to upgrade. Might be worth a look especially if you don't have any upper level status.

B.

Pittsburgh PA
Level Contributor
251 posts
397 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Honors upgrades????

My husband is a Diamond member, we've stayed at GW 3x and all 3 times they put us in a Chapel wing king room which was lovely, closer to the adult pool and had a nice ocean view. If you want a suite, I'd reserve it ahead of time. Usually Hilton upgrades us to suites but not at any Waldorf hotel especially as popular as the GW.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
146 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton Honors upgrades????

Wife and i were just there, 1-9 Aug 12. I requested an upgrade when i reserved the room with points but also emailed the reservations manager. she confirmed i would pending occupancy. we got the chapel wing/king bed/ocean view and it was great.

send me a message if you want to email her. the hotel was at 90 plus percent occupancy so i was kind of surprised they gave it to us. they also waive the resort fee, give you a $40 dollar voucher for drinks at humu, and i think a $40 dollar lunch voucher at the molokini grill.

you don't say if you are using points or what level hhonors you are though. if not at least a gold then they may not do anything. i used my points for the garden view room.

9. Re: Hilton Honors upgrades????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2013, 07:16