We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

construction still loud next to the Elua?

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland, California
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
construction still loud next to the Elua?

Wondering how the demo is going and has the noise subsided?

Staying at the Elua in October on the other side.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
382 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: construction still loud next to the Elua?

not sure about the noise, but it's slated to be completed early 2013 (March I believe)

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,279 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: construction still loud next to the Elua?

Will *someone* who is on island PUH-LEEESE go look at this site for us? (Former Renaissance Hotel being developed as an Andaz By Hyatt. Between the Wailea Ekahi and Wailea Elua resorts.)

Hyatt originally said it would be opening in May 2013, but we know how these things can drag on, especially in Hawaii. It was really LOUD close in when we left the area this February, but condos in Ekahi and Elua far away from the center were OK.

Wailea, Hawaii
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: construction still loud next to the Elua?

Visit www.andazwailea.org for updates on the Andaz Wailea property, the villas for sale, and how construction is progressing. As of last week, it is still slated for completion in Spring 2013 and based on progress it seems like a very feasible timeline. Walking on the beach pathway - went by there less than a week ago - it does not seem like there is much noise pollution spilling unto Elua, Maluhia, or Ekahi (which is too far removed to expect ANY discernible noise).

La Costa, California
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: construction still loud next to the Elua?

Drove by just the other day. I couldn't see too much because they have fences up but I thought the same as Alex - it was pretty quiet.

Dave

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,060 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: construction still loud next to the Elua?

Will get by there in the next day or two and will report back..

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,279 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: construction still loud next to the Elua?

Mahalo for the 'on site' reporting! People are anxious to get back to staying Elua and Ekahi.

I'll recheck the Hyatt site. A month ago there was nothing more than the original announcement and supposed opening date. It seemed to me that if it was really going to be ready they would have started some marketing.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,060 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: construction still loud next to the Elua?

The busiest part of the construction is on the south side by Waliea Elua .

Today they were doing heavy jack hammer work, maybe drivng pylons into the ground. Other heavy equipment was also being used. It was very noisy in the beach parking lot. I don't know how far the sound carries into the Elua complex.

At the beach we didn't notice the noise, but that might have been because I couldn't wait to get into the water.

We were rushed this morning and I didn't have time to walk the beach path to see how when the noise fades. I'll do that tomorrow.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,060 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: construction still loud next to the Elua?

Two large high rise towers have a dried in look. The work now is in front of those buildings and nest to the parking for Ulua. They are busy digging/excavating a large amount of dirt for a foundation. It looks like they will be be busy digging for a while. I'll check at the end of next week before I leave to see the progress.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,279 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: construction still loud next to the Elua?

Thanks for going the extra mile for us! I really doubt we'll see this opening before next autumn. Did you see if the 'villas' are up and enclosed? From the drawings, it looks like the lot will be cram-packed.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,060 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: construction still loud next to the Elua?

What villas? All I see now are 2 tall (maybe 8 floors) buildings.