We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your favorite restaurant in Wailea and why?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Your favorite restaurant in Wailea and why?

Hi all,

For our upcoming trip to Maui in February, I would like to find a great restaurant in Wailea area to celebrate our honeymoon, part 2 considering I can't affort 200$+ for restaurant every night.

What is your favorite and why?

You may include Mama's fish house too it it is a must for you.

Many Thanks,

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Your favorite restaurant in Wailea and why?

Thanks it is much appreciated

It's a very good and detailed list.

Good job and thanks :)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,941 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Your favorite restaurant in Wailea and why?

Subway, Pita Paradise, Lappert's, a food truck,a pizza spot etc as recommendations for a great meal to celebrate your honeymoon?

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Your favorite restaurant in Wailea and why?

Be sure to order the pina colada cake at Tommy Bahama's. MUCH better than any wedding cake I've ever had!

Vancouver, British...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Your favorite restaurant in Wailea and why?

I've been coming to Wailea for several years. For me the following are the best restaurants in the area:

1. Cafe O'lei, South Kihei Road, Kihei (abt 10 min drive) -- Great restaurant, local food, plate lunch specials are generous servings and reasonable pricing. It's a local's restaurant, and one of THE BEST in the area -- bar none.

2. DUO's for dinner. A bit pricy, but they have some excellent meals and are always a regualr favorite for my family. I recommend the Dry Aged Rib Eye

3. Ferraro's for lunch. Fantastic Food. I recommend the Lobster Salad. Wonderful. Or the Seafood Cobb Salad.

4. Stella's. For all Meals. FAntastic people. Great Food.

5. Spago's @ Four Seasons. Wolfgang Puck Restaurant. Good food. Great Lavoche. Fantastic people.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,941 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Your favorite restaurant in Wailea and why?

Cafe O'Lei is great and one I wouldn't miss, but it wouldn't be my first pick for the "special" meal.

The idea of going to DUO (breakfast) and Ferraro's (lunch) for meals other than dinner is a good one. You get the setting and ambiance at a less expensive meal.

Montreal
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Your favorite restaurant in Wailea and why?

Funny, I'm also from Montreal (Boucherville) and will be in Wailea for 2 weeks from Feb 3rd. I think Mama's is a must. There are also a few really nice restaurants next to the Whalers Village in Kaanapili. I can't remember the name, but there was one I loved going to that had straw covered parasols above the tables. It located on the beach and they have these neat torches lit at night , making it extremely romantic. Another great idea, is the Feast at Lele. It's a sit down 5 course meal with an amazing show overlooking sunset on the beach. This is in Lahaina and it's my favorite!

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Next to water
Level Contributor
300 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Your favorite restaurant in Wailea and why?

I vote for Ferraros at sunset for my first choice. Get reservations for the first seating then get there at least 15 minutes ahead of time, check in and get a drink at the bar...best chance to get a front row table if you are not a resort guest. No big deal either way as anything on the lower level and first tables on upper level provide great views. The caprese salad is made with burrata and it's outstanding...and i hate caprese salads. The marinated seafood salad is also sublime...poached scallops, whitefish, octopus, shrimp a bit of frisee and light vin dressing with a side of the bread? outstanding. times a thousand.

for an even lighter start the salmon with blood orange on the crudo menu is great too. frito misto is great if you like lightly fried food. dinner it's pretty much all good...fruitdemare (pasta with red sauce and shellfish) is always good. the carbonara will make your knees weak. the worst thing on the menu is the eggplant parmisian...it's stacked and weird and flavorless. oh the ravioli special was bitchin though.

LOL!

Second choice would be Spagos. this is a total YMMV...i expected to be underwhelmed and overserved with douchey servers (per many reviews). Our experience was beyond outstanding. I got the "must have" tuna cones...found it the weakest part of the meal. the entree was the thai red curry...i eat a lot of thai food, curry and what not and it was so balanced and delicious. i was stuffed and still got the Kaiserschmarran as dessert. it was sex on a plate...it's a free form stacked souffle....not a pancake as described. it was like eating pillows of fluffy air, wrapped with love and sprinkled with whimsy. We immediately wanted to go back but decided it could literally...only be worse as an overall experience. wise choice, imo. Our servers were also great.

Third choice for $200 meal would be 10 minutes away at Koiso, but only if you are sushi snobs. not roll snobs but nigiri snobs. no frills, no ambience but really fresh fish.

Mamas is always a nice choice. People love it or hate it. I always tell people if the people at home who recommended it seemed to insist on it, you can always get it for lunch as well. It's delicious food but I find it specific which is why it is polarizing. It's too rich for some people, not a good value for others...go and form your own opinion!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
229 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Your favorite restaurant in Wailea and why?

We had dinner at Ferraros on our first night in Maui And it was truly outstanding! From ambiance, to service to a phenomenal meal. It would be first choice.

We went to mama's last night and were thoroughly underwhelmed. The vanilla shrimp were excellent but everything else was just 'ok' and neither the service nor the setting were impressive, particularly for the price.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
78 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Your favorite restaurant in Wailea and why?

We have stayed in wailea 5 times in past 10 years. I would reccomend HUMUHUMU at the Grand Wailea-ask for a table in the bar that overlooks the pond AND the beach at sunset-its amazing. There are several tables in that area, around the bar and the salt water fish tank. Then-order the spiny lobster-sometimes if you get there early they have a special price.Sometimes they have entertainment too. Should be in your price range-including drinks. We have tried all the famous restaurants, by far the most Hawaian, romantic, and scenic was HUMUHUMU. By the way, Hilton has used photos of this scene for years in thier advertising-thats how special it is. Duchess

20. Re: Your favorite restaurant in Wailea and why?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Wailea