We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fine Tuning-Really Early Breakfast Place Kihei?

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
79 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Fine Tuning-Really Early Breakfast Place Kihei?

Dear Tripadvisors- I know this is fine tuning in paradise, wondering if there are any suggestions for very early AM breakfast spots in Kihei? Coming from Chicago, for the first few days, we tend to wake up REALLY early. 4 AM or sooner? Two years ago we ended up at the Denny's..it was...uuummm...interesting....maybe its better?

Duchess.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
579 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Fine Tuning-Really Early Breakfast Place Kihei?

It's a Denny's, so it will never be better than a Denny's. And as a rule I refuse to eat at chain restaurants when in Maui, where the menu is exactly the same as what you would get at every other location near home. I would also second the mention of the cinnamon bun place downstairs from Denny's, if you are near there. It only has a few tables outside on the sidewalk, but they have amazing cinnamon buns (big enough to share between 2 people) but they also make a few very nice little breakfast things like egg burritos or wraps...and the women there are very friendly and sweet. We tend to wake up early too for the first few days, but what we do is have coffee in the condo and maybe some toast or fruit and then go for a walk or read and just wait a little until some of the other breakfast places open. It's nicer during daylight hours as well rather than sitting in the dark. You could sit at kihei cafe patio once the sun rises.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
79 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Fine Tuning-Really Early Breakfast Place Kihei?

Thanks so much-completely get the early morning jet lagg. YELP mentions the cinnamon bun place too-with very good reviews. We usually hit FOODLAND b/c its open 24 hours and then go to breakfast. 15 days before we leave!

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Fine Tuning-Really Early Breakfast Place Kihei?

<<Has Denny's improved?>>

Being that a fair percentage of our populous also equates the baseball term "Grand Slam" with Denny's....I think their marketing has definitely improved over the past several decades..

If we're speaking of their food/service quality; however, I'd personally just as soon procure my breakfast / meal[s] from a Tijuana food truck, towing it's own trailer of swine.. ;)

Alo)(a, NKO

nwf
NSW Australia
Level Contributor
910 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Fine Tuning-Really Early Breakfast Place Kihei?

Hi there,

Go to what you know.

Never seen Dennys [ where I went in Kihei

about 14 times.] on trial for genocide as yet.

All the best..NWF.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
79 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Fine Tuning-Really Early Breakfast Place Kihei?

Well-to be fair-the last time we were there (two years ago)-while the breakfast wasn't all that good, our waitress was really nice and it was fun to eat in an open air restaurant in Maui vs being in the cold in Chicago! I just wish they would get a better night shift chef!

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Fine Tuning-Really Early Breakfast Place Kihei?

<<Never seen Dennys [ where I went in Kihei about 14 times.] on trial for genocide as yet.>>

Haven't seen that one either, only the several, major class-action racial discrimination suits; another on unsafe, ultra-high sodium levels in their dishes; & numerous health code violations at multiple franchises..

Hey, if you're good with the place....who am I to tell you different(?)

~enjoy, NKO :)

nwf
NSW Australia
Level Contributor
910 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Fine Tuning-Really Early Breakfast Place Kihei?

Hi there,

Well taken.

I did heavy transport for 41 years

and the same deal as for Truck stops.

Some you can die for...Some you can die at.

Some are really big with MSG...

All the best...NWF in Australia.

18. Re: Fine Tuning-Really Early Breakfast Place Kihei?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Wailea