We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ekahi...nearby construction noise?

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
906 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ekahi...nearby construction noise?

Hi,

We are in the process of booking a vacation to Wailea area. Looking, among others, at buildings 6 and 23 in the Ekahi complex, but have read about nearby hotel construction noise? Can any of you familiar with the layout and area let me know if either of these buildings would be disappointing? Certainly don't want our vacation marred by construction noise.

Thanks,

S

Spokane
Level Contributor
365 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ekahi...nearby construction noise?

I wouldn't worry Badger...we were there last April/May...had similar concern with the construction of Andaz...couldn't hear anything from Ekahi if you tried...that was during the period of heavy equipment site work...it's opening this summer...so work going on now will be primarily interior work...I wouldn't let it stop you from booking there.

Seattle
Level Contributor
906 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ekahi...nearby construction noise?

Thanks Spokane, for the calming message. For a variety of reasons unrelated to the construction, we ended up actually booking a condo at Elua...now I understand that Elua could potentially be impacted as well! I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it's mostly the very quiet plasterers and painters....

But my husband asked an intereresting question: if they are working on landscaping, will that create any runoff that could impact the snorkeling and water quality in the area? Just curious--lots of other places to go, but don't especially love swimming in murky water, if you know what I mean... (Obviously I need this vacation to wind down, relax, and stop worrying about things so much!)

Thanks!

Spokane
Level Contributor
365 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ekahi...nearby construction noise?

Ms. Badger...Elua is next door to the Andaz construction but still don't think you will be negatively impacted.

Only my guess but I doubt there will be any 'runoff' from the construction...probably would not go over well with the environmental police. I don't like swimming in murky water either...although a lot of the shark types do prefer it. Relax...I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,567 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ekahi...nearby construction noise?

Runoff is always a concern during any kind of development on Maui. Some developers have good practices, some don't. Construction down in Makena, next to Maluaka Beach had a very large impact on the reef, killing off quite a bit of it. Yes, there are laws that should be followed, water monitoring, sediment monitoring but still there will be some environmental impact.

At this stage in the game, there shouldn't be any runoff from this property.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ekahi...nearby construction noise?

We are in Ekahi 20 having coffe this morning on our patio and I hear lots of birds and the occasional power saw but nothing I would complain about. The grounds are beautiful and I can hear the ocean all night :-)

Seattle
Level Contributor
906 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ekahi...nearby construction noise?

Thanks, everybody. Now, I'm just marking off the days. Heavy fog sitting over Seattle right now, and its c-c-c-old (not by Edmonton or Spokane standards, but its that damp marine chill that gets you to your bones). Looking forward to sharing a bit of paradise!

7. Re: Ekahi...nearby construction noise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 07:15