We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OMG could it get any windier

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
OMG could it get any windier

The last couple days have been nasty windy, sunny but sooooo windy. Perfectly calm in the morning till about noon then all hell breaks out and by 7 pm it calms down again. 2 pm and the beach is almost empty. Hope it goes away soon.

washington
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: OMG could it get any windier

lol yes it can get windier where are you staying?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,665 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OMG could it get any windier

And you are on the leeward side of the island! If you wantt REAL wind, go to the north shore...

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OMG could it get any windier

No wind in downtown Lahaina.

I hope your wind dies down soon.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
666 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OMG could it get any windier

We were on the North Shore of Oahu last May and the winds were really blowing! We needed to change some plans around because of the high wind warnings but still had a great trip. I had to remind myself that although it seemed like we were in paradise, we really were on a small island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: OMG could it get any windier

we have stayed in a few areas first year just off sugar beach and the wind was even worse then kamaole 3 beach and wind was nasty now wailea and we are right on the ocean so the wind is blowing like a bugger. I want to stay on this end as our whole family stays down here but frigg it is cold. I could go to the southern part of Mexico ( Huatulco ) have sunshine everyday and 35 celcius and be a very happy camper. We are here for a whole month at a very high price 12000.00 seems crazy to me. And i don't have my own villa, pool boy or daily maid. I keep trying to love Maui but the weather is so unpredictable. I usually have to rebook a year a head but i am thinking of going else were next year. Yikes it's chilly here.

Edited: 04 February 2013, 07:52
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: OMG could it get any windier

Plus by the time we rent a car, buy groceries and eat out we are talking at least 15k plus for a whole month and that seems cheep compared to some of my other picks. Thats not even high end for Maui. My husband reminds me that we have a budget. 8 weeks for 20 k so i can't blow it all on Maui.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,106 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: OMG could it get any windier

Oh my, and what is it doing in Edmonton? Do you still have snow?

I wish I could trade places with you. I was going to bring a kite with me too! Hope you make the best of it. There are a lot worse places to be, that is for sure.

Add some Bailey's to your coffee; that should warm you up a bit. Or snuggle up to that husband of yours!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: OMG could it get any windier

Well i planned my vacation 14 months ago and i was just stating a fact. Ya it's cold were i am from and i guess i could have picked a few places different than this to go, and every time i come here it seems to be chilly. So i guess that was my observation, i can get some Baileys and i have a wonderful huband but for the price i could go elswhere. The fact that you wish you were here means nothing to me. You are not here and i am. Wishing costs nothing actually doing costs money.

Edited: 04 February 2013, 10:26
9. Re: OMG could it get any windier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 February 2013, 13:03
Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
713 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: OMG could it get any windier

My wife and I could not agree more with what is often said about Maui:

"If you belong here, you won't be happy anywhere else. If you are not happy here, you belong somewhere else."