We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wailea Hotel

Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wailea Hotel

We are taking our 5th visit to Maui in two weeks. My daughter and her husband are travelling with us and they would like to see inside the Wailea Hotel. Are you allowed to wander around the Hotel premises for a look without being a registered customer there?

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
50 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wailea Hotel

I am sure you can, as non-guest could always go to their restaurants to have a meal or, coffee...

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,343 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wailea Hotel

Of course! Go and look around, they want you to check them out, eat and drink at the resaurants and bars just don't randomly jump in the pools!

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
412 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wailea Hotel

last I heard they are actually in the process of condominium-izing the Hotel Wailea (as vacation rentals, I believe). ask the concierge, you may even be able to look at different rooms.

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wailea Hotel

mauioceanview is correct- all rooms are being converted to condo-tel-style, individually-owned units, which the owner may then rent to vacation travelers. Prices currently range from $650k - $800k -- seemingly not a bad deal ... until one factors in the AOAO fees of $1800/mo, which works out to ~$60/daily..

The hotel will supposedly continue renting rooms until the conversions are all complete, and the Hansen Ohana is handling all of the unit sales, so I'm certain they'd also be tickled to show you one or several completed units, along with a complete tour of the grounds.. ;) Link:

www.mauirealestate.net/GetSearch1.php…

Alo)(a, NKO

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wailea Hotel

Isn't Capishe? (restaurant) at the Hotel Wailea? I am not sure what kind of restrictions there would be while the property reinvents inself into condos - or even if that has started. But if Capishe? (a very popular restaurant) is open ... sure ... they would love to have the general public!

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wailea Hotel

A number of units are already complete, Betty Lou - the link above lists several for sale along with prices..

Capische? remains unaffected (perhaps with the exception of a bit of extra noise & some dust during the daylight hours..) so yes, that would be an additional excuse to peruse the property's grounds..

7. Re: Wailea Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 05:16