We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine and Spirits store near Wailea

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh PA
Level Contributor
251 posts
392 reviews
Save Topic
Wine and Spirits store near Wailea

Arriving Friday for 12 days and want to have dinner 1 night @ 808 Bistro which advertises BYOB. Where can we get a fine bottle of wine?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine and Spirits store near Wailea

If you want to have a really good selection, head to Tamura's Fine Wine on Dairy Road in Kahului. You'll drive past it as you leave the airport, heading for Wailea. In my opinion, the best selection and prices on the island. Have a great trip!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine and Spirits store near Wailea

Other than was mentioned above you find lots of grocery type stores in Kihei, Safeway, Foodland, Times Market and the ABC store and Whalers General Store in the Shops of Wailea

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine and Spirits store near Wailea

Prices at Whaler's General Store in the Shops at Wailea really isn't bad according to my wine-loving pals. Apparently, their selection is also surprisingly decent -- certainly can't get much more convenient from a Wailea base!

On way TO Wailea from OGG, you'll also pass RIGHT by a Safeway in Kihei, that is very nicely maintained and orderly, conversely to the one in Lahaina that appears as if Isselle blasts through on a nightly basis. Viable choices abound here as well, and I think you'll do better in the "fine" category than the 'ol General store, although grandeau's recommendation might be only option for something with both "Mouton & Rothschild" on the label .. ; )

Alo)(a, NKO

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine and Spirits store near Wailea

What Maui needs is a Trader Joes and their $2 Chuck, no wine opener needed, brown paper bag supplied

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine and Spirits store near Wailea

T.Joe's 2buck-Chuck may indeed be in Maui's future!

http://tinyurl.com/ntobswn

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine and Spirits store near Wailea

While I like TJs and all the good mainland stores that have come to Maui and offer residents a lot of good choices that they need, the island charm has slipped and it is staring to look like Southern California, but I guess that is inevitable when something good is discovered.

I remember when the first Starbucks opened and I felt Maui had turned a corner. But people live there and I am sure a good a Home Depot has made a lot of people happy.

I guess I can go to Mexico if I want to ask " what is this again"

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wine and Spirits store near Wailea

You can have the T.Joe's, I'll waive my gentrification protest 'white flag' when Peet's arrives; I am always on the verge of saying "come on, 'In 'n Out !!,' " but ... just NO ... on that one... ;/

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Wine and Spirits store near Wailea

I love In 'n Out. Treat myself once a year but that would clearly signal the end.

9. Re: Wine and Spirits store near Wailea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 19:08
Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wine and Spirits store near Wailea

Costco and Safeway are both good options for a wide selection and good prices. For higher end wines, however, I would check out the ABC store at the Shoppes at Wailea. They usually have the likes of Opus One and other top California cabernets and, as I recall, a few classified growth Bordeaux.

If we're planning a dinner out where we'll want a REALLY good wine, we'll bring something from our cellar -- packaged in a traveling "wine diaper." We've enjoyed Linne Calodo Rhone blends, Brick House and Kosta Browne pinots, and Leoville Las Cases on Maui. :-)

Edited: 16 August 2014, 19:00