We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone book a mystery 4 star from bookie?

Thunder Bay, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Anyone book a mystery 4 star from bookie?

Does anyone know what the 4 star full service hotel from bookit.com might be? Says it's a 4 star full service hotel with views of a volcano and is beachfront any ideas? It's in makena beach area also

Edited: 07 September 2011, 22:58
Calgary, Ab
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone book a mystery 4 star from bookie?

After reading the listing, my guess is Makena Beach and Golf Resort, just due to the descriptions of oceanfront, ocean view etc. The pictures are "samples" so they could be from anywhere (it doesn't look like the correct pool for example). just a hunch.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
48,636 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone book a mystery 4 star from bookie?

There is only one hotel in Makena, the Makena Beach and Golf Resort.

Calgary, Ab
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone book a mystery 4 star from bookie?

A favourite of yours, I know msfuzz. The listing says "Wailea/Makena" but the descriptors are slanted towards Makena.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
48,636 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone book a mystery 4 star from bookie?

Yeah, I guess those web-sites don't know there is a difference. If you have a link, I'll take a peek!!

Calgary, Ab
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone book a mystery 4 star from bookie?

I can't seem to post it (I'm truly bad at such things). Bookit.com, plug in Maui for "hotel only" and follow 4star mystery resort.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
48,636 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone book a mystery 4 star from bookie?

Ok, finally found it. None of the pictures look like the Makena Beach and Golf Resort. That said, they all say "sample". It does say secluded and beach front in the Makena/Wailea area. The Makena Beach and Golf Resort is the only secluded beachfront hotel in this area. If it's anything else, they are lying!!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,521 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone book a mystery 4 star from bookie?

FYI, travelingnurse, a "bookie" here is someone who runs an illegal betting operation. bookit.com would be considered a travel website or something similar.

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone book a mystery 4 star from bookie?

I'm gonna have to agree that it sounds like the Makena Beach and Golf Resort. The pricing, the location, beachfront, all sounds like MB & GR.

pzp, meow >.< you look like my neighbor's cat, Shadow.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,521 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone book a mystery 4 star from bookie?

My avatar is `Aka`iki, Hawaiian for Little Shadow. She's been with me about 8 months now.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
61,940 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone book a mystery 4 star from bookie?

Aloha,

I agree it's probably the Makena. But before you book some third part, you should check the hotel's website. They are offering some really great deals and you would know exactly where you are and what you're getting:

http://www.makenaresortmaui.com/