We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makena Resort Sunday Brunch?

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southern California
Level Contributor
225 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Makena Resort Sunday Brunch?

Has anyone had the Sunday Brunch at the Makena Beach and Golf Resort recently who could compare it to when the Maui Prince owned the property?

Mahalo!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,447 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Makena Resort Sunday Brunch?

I personally haven't been but here is what I heard. When first opening up it was bad. Got better as time has past. Last person who wrote anything about it said it was bad. Sounds inconsistent!! Best thing for me to do is go check it out myself!!

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Makena Resort Sunday Brunch?

We loved the Sunday Brunch -- and the Seafood Buffet -- at the old Maui Prince. Haven't tried it since it was reborn as Makena Beach Resort. Daughter and son-in-law, however, just returned from a stay there and reported the buffet was very nice.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Makena Resort Sunday Brunch?

Our first time experience with Makena resort's Sunday Brunch a few years ago was great. We went back there last summer, and it was not great at all. Both the quality and variety of the buffet were lacking. You should probably check with yelp and see if the recent reviews are any good.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
46,733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Makena Resort Sunday Brunch?

Aloha,

The new F&B director is making some moves there. Recently they stole one of the Ritz Kapalua's chefs. I think they will find their groove again but am not planning on going anytime soon..........

Southern California
Level Contributor
225 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Makena Resort Sunday Brunch?

Mahalo for your responses. I couldn't find much recent activity on these boards or on Yelp, so I appreciate your comments! Still up in the air about whether we're going to try it or not, but if we do, I'll be sure to write a review. It was the best Sunday brunch I've ever had - when we went a few years back.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,447 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Makena Resort Sunday Brunch?

RaceChickSix, since you aren't comparing it to what it was 6 years ago, I'd go ahead and try it!! With a new chef from the Ritz, it's worth the chance!!

Southern California
Level Contributor
225 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Makena Resort Sunday Brunch?

Thanks, Msfuzz. It was the Maui Prince when we went....it's hard to imagine that it was 6 years ago already.....still, we may just try it or the Friday night seafood buffet anyway.

8. Re: Makena Resort Sunday Brunch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2013, 10:17