We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Napo Wildlife Center

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Napo Wildlife Center

After reading amazing reviews on Napo Wildlife Center we decided to go there for a 3 night stay in March. Is it better to book directly with NWC or use an agency? Is there a set program that everyone follows or you decide what you'd like to do?

Montrose, Colorado
Level Contributor
136 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Napo Wildlife Center

We booked with an agency, just because our stay there was part of a longer birding trip. I think you can set your own agenda for the most part. As we were there primarily looking for birds, our schedule was very different from the rest of the visitors. I think there is a fairly standard 3 day itinerary, but I think there is quite a bit of choice.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Napo Wildlife Center

Many thanks for your replay. We are getting very excited about this trip.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
407 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Napo Wildlife Center

We booked directly with Napo Wildlife Center and were very pleased with their service. They booked our flights to Coca for us and someone met us at the airport with our tickets etc. They do have a standard 3 day itinerary, which kept us busy, although you can request specific itineraries (do this when you book) for birding etc.

We did the standard 3 day itinerary. The activities are reached via paddle canoe, in groups of 8 people. You are with these same people and guides, even at the dinner table, for the three days. We did see a small group of 2 or 3 (private booking, maybe). We had a great group of people, which I think made it more fun, meeting new people etc., than a private group would have been.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Napo Wildlife Center

I am also thinking of booking directly with Napo and a standard 3 night itinerary will suit as just fine. It will be nice, for a change, to have have someone else organising our activities. Thank you so much for the info! It all sounds great.

Dhahran, Saudi...
Level Contributor
79 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Napo Wildlife Center

Our visit to NWC was part of month long stay in Ecuador that included a Galapagos cruise as well as other activities. We used Surtrek for the cruise and had them quote NWC as well. We shopped this against booking direct with NWC and found we got a slightly better rate with Surtrek so we let them handle the booking which included the flight to Coca. The rate difference was minimal but it simplified things for us to pay only one party. We found the three-night stay to be ample.

West Greenwich...
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Napo Wildlife Center

Just returned from Ecuador. Booked through Andean Discovery and were pleased. Napo Wildlife Center is top notch for guides, lodging and food. Very knowledgeable and attentive, bed nets, plenty of clean water, great food, fabulous guides (thank you, Paul) and attentive staff (kudos to Marcello). Can't say it's not pricey, though. I appreciate that the indigenous people benefit from my tourist dollars. A not-to-be-missed experience. I would highly recommend this to oithers.

7. Re: Napo Wildlife Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Yasuni National Park