We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scenic Flights in Nov

Perth. West Aust
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
Scenic Flights in Nov

Hi all,

I will be at Fox Glacier for 1 day early November, and

would like to do a helicopter or plane flight up over the glaciers/Mt Cook. Do I need to book before I go and any recommendations!!!

Would it be better to do a flight from Queenstown instead??? We are there 3 days.

Love all your great information.

Lyn

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,988 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scenic Flights in Nov

Hi Lyn

There is no need to prebook Nov flights. Once you arrive in Fox call to enquire about weather and availability. Your accommodation can assist with this. All the helicopter companies have great reputations and similar prices. Again, I would go on your accommodation's recommendation. You can also take flights from Queenstown and Wanaka.

If you can, take a helicopter rather than a plane. The helicopter gets down lower and it's simply amazing. It's a stunning way to sightsee... enjoy :)

Hokitika
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scenic Flights in Nov

Hello pp.pete

In Fox glacier there is a number of helicopter companies. One that i have heard from many travellers as been a really good choice is Mountain helicopter. They are a small locally owned and operated company.

They have a samller craft so flights from Fox glacier only require a minimum of two passangers. Other larger companies require 3 or more. They have four flight path's which two of them have the option of landing on the glacier. the reson this is an option and a definate is that the operator believes that it is more worth while spending that 10mins more in the air rather than on landing. You can veiw these products on www.mountainhelicopters.co.nz

Perth. West Aust
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Scenic Flights in Nov

Thank you WanakaLakes and fussymis, appreciate your replies. I will take your advice and check out conditions etc when we arrive and make a decision then.

I was worried that everything would be booked out!!

We are really looking forward to our holiday, and spending time in NZ.

cheers

Lyn

4. Re: Scenic Flights in Nov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 08:19