We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fox Glacier Hike vs. Climb

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fox Glacier Hike vs. Climb

Hi everyone,

I'm going to NZ at the end of September and will be making a stop at the Fox Glacier. I'm trying to decide between the hike vs. the climb...I'm a relatively active mid-twenties female, but don't do any hard core climbing. Am I going to miss out on the beauty of the glacier by climbing vs. hiking?

Please help!

Thanks!

Erica

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,392 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fox Glacier Hike vs. Climb

Hi Erica, are you debating glacier hiking versus ice climbing?

Greymouth, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fox Glacier Hike vs. Climb

Hi,

icewall climbing is an indoors activity which is ideal during inclenet weather (franzJoseph)

check my post from early july

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255104-i125-k2918…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g609170-i10880-k29…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255104-i125-k2924…

fox Glacier hike floows up beside the glacier in the rain (temerate)forest. then you access the glacier in safety away from the terminal face

i hope that helps

3. Re: Fox Glacier Hike vs. Climb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2010, 06:19