We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Fox Glacier to Queenstown

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
5 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
From Fox Glacier to Queenstown

hi!

i am planning a short trip to south island with only 6 days.

At the moment i am stuck as i had planned to leave fox glacier in the late afternoon or early evening (after the half day glacier hike) and head towards queenstown but there does not seem to be any coach/bus/shuttle service/train that departs from fox in the afternoon, nor are there any car rental companies at the glaciers.

as i am on a really tight schedule and can't spend another night at fox, it seems to me i might have to rent a car from greymouth.

Any suggestions ??

if car rental is the only way to go, any suggestions on reliable budget cars?? i have check online and saw a few such as : nationwide / national / ezi rent / alamo -are these reliable, good companies ?? i know jucy, go rentals, apex have minimum days rental that doesn't suite me or they don't have pick up from greymouth.

Any advice would be great, thanks !!!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
5 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: From Fox Glacier to Queenstown

Hi!

Will definitely look up jet boat n lake cruise. Also bungy jump or hand gliding :)

Great info on d car rentals n insurance cover. Thx!!!

Was thinking of going wiv budget or

nationwide. Had d best deals for 2-3days rental.

Thx again everyone.! :)

Edited: 24 August 2011, 07:34
12. Re: From Fox Glacier to Queenstown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 04:18