We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need helicopter tour information

Which Franz Josef hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Need helicopter tour information

We will be visiting the Franz Josef area in late December. We are not able to do a Heli hike due to the fact that our youngest son is only 7 years old (8 in April). I'd like to do a helicopter tour of the glaciers instead. Which company do you recommend?

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need helicopter tour information

Which company appeals to you? They are all excellent and you won't be disappointed with any of the trips. The scenery is spectacular and your kids will have a blast!

have fun :)

singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need helicopter tour information

Frankly none of them appeals to me with the exception of Glacier Guides which doesn't have a simple helicopter tour. The others' websites leave much to be desired. That's why I'm asking for a recommendation.

Okarito
Level Contributor
41 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need helicopter tour information

I live in Glacier Country.

I'd recommend a company just out of Franz.

Why - Well, they have to fly over a few more glaciers and peaks just to reach Fox and Franz Glaciers. They are also cheaper, more flexible and the chopper is smaller giving everybody window seats.

www.glacieradventures.co.nz

Ian

4. Re: Need helicopter tour information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2010, 05:15