We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Church on Easter Sunday

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
37 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Church on Easter Sunday

My husband and I will be traveling from Macon to Andersonville on Easter Sunday and are hoping to attend church, something historic would be an added bonus. We travel light so our attire would be somewhat casual with hiking type shoes. I am looking for an option where more casual clothing would be appropriate, probably in Macon but anywhere along the way would work as we are early risers. Thanks much!

6 replies to this topic
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
14,051 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Church on Easter Sunday

I don't know if this would be of interest but I've traveled to Plains to hear Jimmy Carter to teach Sunday school. If interested check Maranatha's website. Some state parks have sunrise services too. Check Providence Canyon. For Easter brunch check to see what the Windsor hotel in Americus is offering.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,615 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Church on Easter Sunday

There is usually an Easter Sunrise service at Coleman Hill park. I would check with the Macon visitors bureau but it has been for about 100 years.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
37 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Church on Easter Sunday

Thanks for the suggestions. Since we will be in Macon we are going to do the Coleman Hill sunrise service, and an added bonus is our attire should fit in with something being held outdoors. Thanks again!

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
14,051 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Church on Easter Sunday

If you are heading to Andersonville afterwards, you may want to eat in Macon before you go because there are limited choices out in the country. If you like basic Southern cooking, the original S&S cafeteria is in Macon. It will be very busy after church on Sunday but if you go earlier it shouldn't be too crowded. The food is good with lots of choices. Not fancy but good.

http://www.sscafeterias.com/

If you are leaving for Andersonville right after sunrise service that won't work because they don't open until 11. But there are many other places to eat in Macon. I just love S&S.

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Church on Easter Sunday

It has been moved to inside Mulberry Methodist Church due to rain

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Church on Easter Sunday

It has been moved to inside Mulberry Methodist Church due to rain

Edited: 27 March 2016, 07:25
Reply to: Church on Easter Sunday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted