We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowbasin/Best time to board??

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
173 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Snowbasin/Best time to board??

I'm planning a trip to Snowbasin next year.....(we like to plan early)....

....when would be ideal.....Jan/Feb...? or early March?

....we've never snowboarded West, so we''d love to experience the powder....

We've always heard that Snowbasin was a jewel, off the beaten path and minimal lift lines...which is why we're making it our 1st time West destination....

Thanks,

Ron/Faith

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,871 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snowbasin/Best time to board??

Usually by early March the snow is less powder, so if that is what you want to try think Jan/Feb

Snowbasin is world class and off the beaten path so you'll probably love it.

salt lake city
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snowbasin/Best time to board??

Ditto on late Jan and February for most powder days. By March, the snow gets heavier.

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
893 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snowbasin/Best time to board??

Skiing mid-week will make a significant difference in the lift line wait time. Fridays get crowded too.

I bought my lift ticket locally (Layton) and saved $13 ($49/day vs $62/day).

I agree with the other responses. Jan or Feb has the highest probability for powder. Snowbasin is truly a gem of a resort and can be reached easily from the interstate highway via Trappers Loop road.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
173 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snowbasin/Best time to board??

Thanks for the tips friends.

TrippleTime: Where exactly are the discount lift tix that you purchased? $13 a day adds up....

R/F

salt lake city
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snowbasin/Best time to board??

There are many places. The most convenient to where you may be going might be REI. There are some places online that you have to order from but I think it's better to wait and see what the weather is doing before deciding on your ski resort plan. Canyon Sports is another.

6. Re: Snowbasin/Best time to board??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 03:19