We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating Dinner at SLC Airport - Any Ideas

Which Salt Lake City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Eating Dinner at SLC Airport - Any Ideas

Our flight leaves from SLC around 7 p.m. and I'd like to have dinner before getting on plane. Any thoughts for good place to eat in SLC airport? thanks.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
401 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating Dinner at SLC Airport - Any Ideas

If you must eat at the airport then it will depend on your budget and taste. I like Italian deli so Granatos is the place I eat when I can't get a bite before leaving home.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
14,415 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating Dinner at SLC Airport - Any Ideas

Airport eateries are seldom very exciting.

Since you must eat early to make your flight, if you luggage is manageable, why not have dinner around 3:00 or 4:00 in town? You'll find more choices of real food. Downtown S.L. is near the airport, unlike San Francisco, so you don't need to worry a lot about heavy traffic or weather delays.

The Gateway is the closest place with a big variety, both food courts and stand-alone restaurants.

http://www.shopthegateway.com/

Much of inner downtown is under construction and restaurants can be hard to find, but several are operated under the auspices of Temple Square. This is farther away than Gateway, but both areas are well within a short cab ride of the airport.

http://www.diningattemplesquare.com/

(Temple Square dining is LDS Church-owned, not open Sundays and no coffee, tea, or alcohol).

There are also several downtown hotels (Marriott, Radisson, Plaza, etc.) that have restaurants.

You may need to call ahead for a cab; they sometimes cruise the streets but not as much as in some other cities.

salt lake city
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating Dinner at SLC Airport - Any Ideas

There's a Wasatch Pub in the airport that has pretty good food and another Boston or NY deli that has decent salads. Each terminal has at least one place to get sandwiches or salads on their concourse. You will see them. If you do have time- to eat somewhere before you go...the Red Iguana is one mile from the airport if you like Mexican.

4. Re: Eating Dinner at SLC Airport - Any Ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 14:19