We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to Park City

Which Salt Lake City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
US
6 posts
Save Topic
Driving to Park City

We will be coming to Park City the 3rd week of december and just wondering if we should drive or rent a shuttle. We live in the south so we don't usually deal with snow. From what I have read the drive is only 40 minutes, so I don't think it should be too bad, but just wanted to get a second opinion.

Utah
Level Contributor
424 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving to Park City

Drive, the road is kept pretty clean. Just use caution and you should be fine. If it's snowing crazy amounts, pick up a shuttle. You shouldn't have trouble getting a shuttle on short notice.

Roosevelt, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving to Park City

*IF* it's snowing at all in the valley don't attempt the drive! There are areas of Parley's Canyon that can be slick and unless you're going a good speed you may find yourself slideing downhill (i.e. Lambs and up the last summit push).

If it's been an hour or two since the snow fell the plows should have been over the area and you might be fine. But even then there have been times when you'll have snowpack to drive on.

If you take it slow you should be ok, but if I was on vacation I'd let someone else do the driving.

salt lake city
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving to Park City

I would add that if you're flight comes in late in the day and the roads are at all wet from any amount of precipitation that you might just take the shuttle. Are you thinking of renting a car? It's not clear from your question if this is your car or a rental.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,186 posts
393 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving to Park City

I wouldn't have any fear of driving. But, you really don't NEED a car in Park City so a shuttle might be more advantageous. You'll pay around $30-35 per person and shuttles are easy to book. I prefer All Resort. There's a free shuttle around Park City so a car generally isn't necessary unless you want to drive over to the Cottonwoods to ski.

5. Re: Driving to Park City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 07:16