We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saly Lake city

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
259 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Saly Lake city

I need your help please!!!!!!

What are the must see things in Utah? I will be there a day and a half. Need to know where to get cheap gas, best bargain restaurants, shopping etc. I am going to Yellow Stone, so I need to shop for food water etc. because I heard it's expensive and hardly anything in Yellow Stone. I appreciate your help.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,809 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saly Lake city

You didn't say, but I'll assume you're flying in to SLC and driving to Yellowstone. There's plenty of provisions in Yellowstone but, yes, it's more expensive. There are plenty of Walmarts, Costcos, Sam's Clubs, etc. in Salt Lake if you want to shop here. Smiths is the best and most reasonably priced general grocery store. If you're going in via Jackson, WY, you can find decent prices at grocery stores there.

If you're flying into SLC, not sure that gas is so much of an issue here. Best gas prices generally at Flying J truck stops if you're on the road.

If you're looking for something to do, get out of the heat and get up to Park City where you'll find super good prices on lodging and restaurant deals in the summertime.

Have fun.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
259 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saly Lake city

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
401 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saly Lake city

If you are going to Yellowstone via its west entrance then the you can buy supplies anywhere between SLC and Rexburg, Idaho. After Rexburg then you are dealing with tiny towns and tourist towns. We went to Yellowstone last week and stopped off in Rexburg (north exit) and found a Walmart that had everything we needed at regular Walmart prices.

4. Re: Saly Lake city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2010, 06:22