We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer in SLC area needs massive help!!!

Which Salt Lake City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orland Park...
Level Contributor
327 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
First timer in SLC area needs massive help!!!

I'm a beach person with a snowboard son!! He's 17, so I have to go with on this trip. I'm taking his 2 friends with, so I need to find the best deals possible. I'd like to do a condo if possible, so at least I have something to do during the day. I will be renting a car so I can come/go as I please and drop the boys off to board/ski. My son went to Snowbird with friends last year and would like to do Park City this year. I have no clue as to what I'm doing/where I'm going, but when we return, I'm off to Florida at the end of January with MY friends!!! We're planning on coming out January 5th and leaving the 9th as these kids get an extended Christmas break, which I think will work out well as I've heard prices go down after the first of the year. Any help will be totally appreciated!!!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,719 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timer in SLC area needs massive help!!!

The most convenient way to ride here in Park City is to get a place in town. I would just go onto the travel res engines (Expedia, etc.) and see what you can find. As an alternative, VRBO.com is another good way to find homes and condos directly from owners.

Yes, it is cheaper after the holidays.

In Park City you have the choice of two areas to ride, Park City Mountain Resort and The Canyons. If you have a car, you can pretty much stay anywhere - although there's also a free bus that runs throughout the community. With a car you can also run over to Snowbird or some of the other local areas.

You could also probably save more by staying in Salt Lake City, but I would first see if you can find something suitable up here.

Have fun.

Orland Park...
Level Contributor
327 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timer in SLC area needs massive help!!!

Thanks so much Tumbleweed!!! I'm finding that the rates on the condos seem to be per person, instead of per night!!! That's a shocker!!! Maybe it's best to stay at a hotel with a kitchenette!!! I don't plan on cooking all day/night for 3 teenagers!!! I'm assuming they will be gone most of the day on the mountains, while I will be sightseeing and hiding from the cold!!! Do you have any suggestions on places with kitchenettes or similar??? You are very helpful and I certainly appreciate this!!!

Texas
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timer in SLC area needs massive help!!!

I've never seen a condo rate that was per person - are you sure you're looking at the righ tinformation? There's a hge number of Park City condos on vbro and no indication of charging per person. I think with 3 17 year old boys, you're going to want to have the room (and fridge space!) of a condo.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First timer in SLC area needs massive help!!!

I've never seen a condo rate that was per person - are you sure you're looking at the righ tinformation? There's a hge number of Park City condos on vbro and no indication of charging per person. I think with 3 17 year old boys, you're going to want to have the room (and fridge space!) of a condo.

Orland Park...
Level Contributor
327 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First timer in SLC area needs massive help!!!

I've been on here all afternoon trying to find somewhere to stay, but my son thinks we have to stay at a ski in/out place as for them "it's so much for convienent", where I say price matters!!!! When trying to book Snowflower for 1/5/10 to 1/9/10, they want $1745.92 for the condo!!!!!! What the heck is that all about?????? It's just a condo!!!! Then I can get the Hidden Creek 30 B right by the Cabriolet lift for $838.00 total..... Why the big difference???? I am so confused people!!!!!! HELP!!!!!

Indiana
Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First timer in SLC area needs massive help!!!

I am in the same boat, traveling with a teenager that skis but I do not. Our first ski trip and I don't know even the basics of what to book.

Orland Park...
Level Contributor
327 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First timer in SLC area needs massive help!!!

I'll try to help you the best that I can.....first when are you leaving, where are you flying out of???? Where are you staying???? Any idea which mountain area you want to go to? Snowbird or Park City????

Donna

Torrey, Utah
Destination Expert
for Torrey, Capitol Reef National Park
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First timer in SLC area needs massive help!!!

"my son thinks we have to stay at a ski in/out place as for them "it's so much for convienent", where I say price matters!!!! "

When your son is paying he be as convenient as he likes, meanwhile...

Orland Park...
Level Contributor
327 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First timer in SLC area needs massive help!!!

I'm with you on that one, but it's too late. We're booked at Snowbird in the Cliff Lodge....I did get a pretty good deal thru Travelocity, but would've liked to have had a condo with a kitchen.....I'm the one paying and staying in the place all day.

10. Re: First timer in SLC area needs massive help!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2010, 05:21