We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bored in Utah!

Layton, UT
4 posts
Save Topic
Bored in Utah!

I have lived here in Utah for the last oh, say 20 years.. and I think I have just about done it all here. Does anyone know of anything new and exciting to do here? I've toured just about everything, watched a lot of shows, checked out many gardens, been to all the ski resorts and snowmobiling areas..

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,919 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bored in Utah!

Hard to believe you've really done it all. How about hiking, rock climbing, canyoneering, sailing on the Great Salt Lake, backpacking???

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bored in Utah!

"Bored in Utah" is a contradictio in terminus. :)

Layton, UT
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bored in Utah!

Well, I have done all of that but sail on the great salt lake. Can no longer hike or rock climb due to a leg injury in a car accident. The only thing I can think of that I have never done here is check out arch's national park. Maybe I'll do that someday. Do either of you know if you have to hike to see the arches?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,919 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bored in Utah!

There are some you can see from the car, some require a short hike and others that require a longer hike. How far can you go?

If you haven't been to Arches have you gone on a river trip? If so which one?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,357 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bored in Utah!

Have you seen Edge of Cedars State Park, Natural Bridges Nat Mon, Newspaper Rock State Hist. Park, Needles section of Canyonlands. Halls Crossing/Bullfrog ferry, Hovenweep Nat Mon/Canyons of the Ancients. All in the SE corner of the state.

Moab UT has plenty of interesting restaurants and is near Arches and Canyonlands Nat Parks. You could take a raft trip on the Colorado from there.

You may want to venture over the border into Colorado, visiting Grand Junction to Durango. Also Mesa Verde National Park near Cortez CO

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,656 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bored in Utah!

One of my friends just went skydiving over Moab. She said it was awesome, you could see things from the air that you could never see from the ground. Perhaps even with your injury you could do that since you jump in tandem.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,846 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bored in Utah!

Have you ever flown in a sailplane? Nothing better than flying around without a motor!! I soloed at 14 (34 years ago,yikes!!) YTry it.It's definitely something different.

They offer rides at Heber Valley airport certain times of the year.

www.utahsoaring.org

Roosevelt, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bored in Utah!

Have you explored the Uintah Basin?

• Nine Mile Canyon?

• Flaming Gorge and surrounding areas?

• Sheep Creek Geological Loop?

• Uintah Mountains: Uintah Canyon, Whiterocks Canyon, Rock Creek Canyon, Yellowstone Canyon, Moon Lake?

All of the above can be done via auto tours.

*Pixie*

Roosevelt, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bored in Utah!

Ok...before any of you pick on me!

The *UINTA* Mountains are north of the *UINTAH* Basin! I sometimes forget the mountain range is spelled differently. :o)

*Pixie*

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,919 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bored in Utah!

Pixie, I've never really paid attention, but I knew I'd seen it spelled both ways. I figured it was optional. Thanks for clueing me in!

And MissSketch. Though I have lived in Utah longer than you it took me till this summer to do the Geologic loop. It was very worth the drive. My avatar shows one of the pictures we took on it.

Get answers to your questions about Salt Lake City