We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

some interesting things to see and where to stay??

PA
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
some interesting things to see and where to stay??

My husband and I are traveling to SLC in early Oct for a convention. We are thinking of coming out a couple of days early to see the sites. Can anyone suggest places to stay and things to do that would be interesting. I have just started research but any help in pointing me in the right direction would be most helpful. thanks :)

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,904 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: some interesting things to see and where to stay??

The answer to this could go any number of ways.

A nice place to stay early october would be Park City, where you might be able to enjoy some fall color. Wander Main Street, check out the olypmic park and facilities, drive up to the Uintas for even more mountain scenery, eat at some fabulous restaurants etc.

On the other hand if you have two or three nights you might want to consider exploring southern Utah. You wouldn't have time for both sides of the state, but you could check out the Moab area for Arches and Canyonlands NP. Or you could head straight south to Zion and Bryce.

If you wanted to stay in the SLC area you could explore the Great Salt Lake, take the tram at Snowbird, visit the fabulous Natural History museum, see the birds at Tracy Aviary, tour the capitol, and eat at some fabulous restaurants.

What are you leaning towards?

PA
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: some interesting things to see and where to stay??

I think leaning toward Park City...we arrive sometime Monday and the convention starts Wed. We will have some time to see the Salt Lake during the convention and have some contacts with some LDS people to help us tour there. We are from Thomas L. Kane's hometown . Don't know if you are fimiliar with him?

We are big foodies so anything on that would be a big help...I love to go to the best eateries !!!

3. Re: some interesting things to see and where to stay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 18:21
4. Re: some interesting things to see and where to stay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 05:17