We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing in national harbor?

Which Oxon Hill hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Level Contributor
387 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
fishing in national harbor?

Hello everyone. Will be staying at gaylord national soon. I am curious if anybody knows if fishing is permitted from the shoreline or any of the piers at national harbor? I know there are guided trips but i wont have time! Just looking for an hour or so of shoreline fun! Thanks for any info!

L.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,744 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing in national harbor?

Officially speaking, you will probably need the appropriate fishing license...In this case I think it is MD. It's pretty silly to need a fishing license if you are only fishing for an hour but if a DNR agent spots you and asks for one and you dont have one, a hefty fine will be issued.

I doubt you'll have any problems with the DNR...but it's something to be cautious of.

NY
Level Contributor
387 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing in national harbor?

Thanks for the response! I will definitely buy a license, I already looked into the pricing. Before I buy it though I jsut want to be sure it is permitted!

Thanks again, L.

La Plata, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fishing in national harbor?

I lived in Oxon Hill for a great many years, and on many occasions I would see parked cars on the shoulder of the Beltway just east of the Wilson Bridge. I always assumed they belonged to people fishing, as that was the only possible explanation.

Edited: 02 April 2010, 23:15
4. Re: fishing in national harbor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Oxon Hill