We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Was asked to post this here

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
76 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Was asked to post this here

I have posted in the Australia forum...where I live and was wondering best options ONCE I land in LA to do Corpus Christie and Toledo in the US before going to the Amazon

thank you in advance for any help

will post in the Ohio one as well

Posted on: 4:19 am, today Save

G'day! OK I know when and where I want to go...is quite extensive in such a short time

but really need help trying to put all or most of it together

ok leave from Adelaide 12/12 or very shortly thereafter returning to Adelaide by 31/1/09

ADL to LA

LA to TEXAS; would like to go to Corpus Christie Texas

and also Toledo Ohio...so don't know how to arrange that!

THEN...

onto the Amazon, then Brazil, then Venesuela

then onto Lebanon then back to Adelaide

Can anyone NUDGE me in the right way to start...

do not HAVE to go to Ohio...

other places yes

not set time in either place :)

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Texas
Texas
United States
McGregor, TX
Level Contributor
758 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Was asked to post this here

Do you have budget limitations? You can get a flight (not non-stop, but still... a flight) from L.A. to Corpus Christi on Southwest Airlines:

www.southwest.com

Mentioned in this post
Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
76 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Was asked to post this here

Gday and thanks for that...is a start :)

not a budget but just trying to fit all the pieces together without having to take a separate airline for each leg of the trip :)

thanks for yout time and reply

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,456 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Was asked to post this here

The only international airlines that have service to Corpus Christi (CRP) are Continental and American. American's hub is Dallas and Continental's is Houston. Southwest Airlines flies in and out of CRP as well. All SWA flights go through Houston.

Mentioned in this post
Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Dallas
Dallas
Texas
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
76 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Was asked to post this here

G'day and thanks for that

As I think Cathay Pacific teams up with Southwest...think might be leading in the right direction

thank you

hope you have a great day

are there easy wholesalers or consolidators re Southwest? I can google but sometimes is best if people know either first hand or the info is more readily available in the country to be travelled in

cheers

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Was asked to post this here

Just curious. Why pick Corpus Christi and Toledo? And what do you mean by "other places"? How long do you have for your USA leg?

Mentioned in this post
Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
United States
United States
North America
Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,456 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Was asked to post this here

Southwest is a budget airline. You will not find consolidators with SWA tickets nor does Southwest codeshare with any international carriers to my knowledge. I believe a deal with Westjet of Canada is in the works but will not be finalized for some time.

"Airline consolidators are brokers who buy seats in bulk from the airline, then resell them to travel agents (often those whose specialize in discount international travel) or sometimes directly to the public. Often, but not always, this results in a lower fare than offered by the airline. This should not be confused with discount airlines such as Southwest Airlines in the USA, and RyanAir in Europe. In fact, these discount airlines NEVER sell to consolidators, as they are able to fill nearly every seat themselves."

from Wikitravel

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
76 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Was asked to post this here

Gday and thanks for the replies...very helpful indeed...

Corpus Christie and Toledo are VERY important to the person am travelling with...when I mentioned other places yes, ohio do not need to do

was saying that Ohio could be cut out if worse comes to worse, but not the other places indend to visit

thanks also for the clarification re consolidators....

very confusing as we don't have them here the travel agent will have to take into account where the tickets are bought, the TAXES, luggage fees etc.....

thanks

fingers crossed the trip will work itself out with alot more homework

hope u have a great day

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,456 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Was asked to post this here

Hope you are able to get it all worked out. Let me know if you have any questions about Corpus Christi.

You are welcome.

I had a great visit to Australia a few years ago. Hope to get back some day and see more of your beautiful country.

Mentioned in this post
Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
76 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Was asked to post this here

Gday and big thanks....I might hold you to that...

greatly appreciate the replies and hope u have a great day

10. Re: Was asked to post this here

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 18:20
Get answers to your questions about Corpus Christi