We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suggestions & activities ideas for family reunion in...

Which Corpus Christi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel suggestions & activities ideas for family reunion in...

Am planning a small family reunion to celebrate my mom's 70th bday & doing it in Corpus Christi. None of us are from there, but we like the area. Are there any suggestions for 1) good deals on hotels or vacation rentals and 2) fun things to do (family includes mom, 3 grown kids, and 4 toddlers-young kids) and finally 3) need a place to take mom out to dinner to celebrate dinner - something "different" that is not so upscale that toddlers will be a problem. THANKS!

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suggestions & activities ideas for family reunion in...

The Omni often has good deals, and is downtown close to the marina. The Residence Inn on SPID is decent, and is close to malls, etc... Have never had a "great" meal in CC, but the Water Street Seafood (downtown near the Omni) is generally pretty good). If you go early enough, Water Street shouldn't have a problem with kids. The Holiday Inn on the beach near downtown is fine, and has a Holidome; the Radisson is forgettable.

Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suggestions & activities ideas for family reunion in...

i agree with wondertrev, Water Street, though if i had my toddlers, i would NOT want to deal with that, i would prefer something like Pier 99 on North Beach, you can eat outside and the kids can run around, live music, laid back, decent food, and the hotels aren't bad there either, for cleanliness or price. Your fam would probably enjoy the Aquarium, worth the price, but the Columbus ships and the Museum of Science and History are way over priced for what you get out of it. Cole Park is on the Bayfront, the kids would love it. If you can make it over to Port Aransas, the ferry is fun, and at this time, still free. The beach parking is free if you park by Horace Caldwell pier, and there are lots of fun family things to do cheaply in Port A. Hotels are outrageous though, and the food isnt much to speak of, I would say Hooks, which is new, good seafood, and Beemans for pastries. Hope you guys enjoy your family time and your stay in C.C.

San Antonio
Level Contributor
572 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel suggestions & activities ideas for family reunion in...

If you like the beach, I would stay in Port A and visit CC. Depending on what time of year, you can find reasonable motel rates. We just stayed last weekend for 50 bucks! We think there's great food in Port A. Shells is excellent and moderate for lunch, dinner higher. We've always had great food at the Wharf. Hooks has a good Cuban sandwich but the blackened shrimp was way too salty. We do not like the touristy places like Virginias and Trout ST. Island Cafe has good inexpensive breakfast. website www.portaransas.org has good info.

Corpus Christi
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel suggestions & activities ideas for family reunion in...

I must agree the aquarium and pier 99 would be agood choice, at a good price. Cole park would be excellent for the little ones and you would be close to the water at the same time. When I have out of town guest I try to take them on Capt. Clarks Flagship a 400 passenger paddlewheeler that makes regular scheduled tours of Corpus Bay. All thips are narrated and they have ac and heat ,beswt bargin in town.