We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swimming in the end of april

Which Corpus Christi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
26 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
swimming in the end of april

hi

Is it warm enough to swim in corpus christi in the end of april, 22-24?

thank you

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,050 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: swimming in the end of april

Temperatures this week are in low to mid 80's F. Expected high of 90 F on Friday. Are you in need of water temps in the Gulf or are you concerned about outside temps for swimming in an outdoor hotel pool? Either case you should be good to go although Gulf waters might be on the chilly side but not unbearable.

Current water temp at Port Aransas is 74 F.

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
26 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: swimming in the end of april

thank you for response.....I was going to swim in the Gulf. Is it possibly that water near South Padre Island is warmer? I wanna warm water :)

Edited: 13 April 2011, 13:56
San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,339 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: swimming in the end of april

Swim on!

Water is cool and refreshing right now. I prefer cooler water especially as the air temperatures start reaching the mid 80s, so 74 degree water is great for me.

Sounds like you might enjoy it better when the water is warmer, but my advice is to try it. South Padre is about a two hour drive from Corpus. Depending on you plans, may not be worth the extra time.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,050 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: swimming in the end of april

I suspect the water temps at South Padre Island would be a bit warmer but not that much. South Padre is 180 miles south of Corpus Christi. For comparison sake, yesterday's water temp at Port Aransas was 74 F, South Padre water temp was 76 F.

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
26 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: swimming in the end of april

thanks to everyone...and hello Corpus Christi :)

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,050 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: swimming in the end of april

Please let us know how your visit goes.

7. Re: swimming in the end of april

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 10:22
Get answers to your questions about Corpus Christi