We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestion to do in New Mexico

2 posts
Save Topic
Suggestion to do in New Mexico

Hi,

I have my trip planned for thanks giving in NM. I am flying into ABQ on thursday and flying out of El Paso sunday evening.

I wanted to do a hot air balloon, Carlsbad Caverns and white sand monument. Can you please suggest me what route to take and what other stuff i can do ?

Thanks,

Harry

2 replies to this topic
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,345 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestion to do in New Mexico

Welcome to TA ... How long in New Mexico ? Google Albuquerque balloon rides ... Then, pray for "flying Weather" I suggest driving the I-25 in the PM to a night in Truth or Consequences. for a hot springs soak. Next AM. continue to the 70 East, to White Sands. Lunch in Alamogordo. Then, drive the 54 South to the 375 by-pass, at El Paso. turning on the 180 to a overnight at Whites City, at Park's entrance ... Next AM enjoy the caverns... A return of the vehicle to El Paso will most likely result in a one-way charge ... I suggest, following you interests back to Albuquerque by a different route ... Happy trails ... carracar

Edited: 10 November 2017, 01:39
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestion to do in New Mexico

thanks,

I was thinking of doing something similar.

Thursday i thought i will go to sandia peak, Friday do a hot air balloon tour. and start driving to Alamogordo. visit whit sand that night(I heard its very pretty when lit in moon light) and the next morning. Do caves sat morning and drive towards El Paso. if time permits i will do atleast one trail in guadalupe np. Anything I could add/modify? I dont mind not spending time in El Paso sunday. I feel i am wasting time trying to reach El Paso Sat night

Reply to: Suggestion to do in New Mexico
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Albuquerque