We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not Impressed with India Palace

arlington, texas
Level Contributor
83 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Not Impressed with India Palace

O.K., I love Indian food...and I've eaten this food in many places...but Albuquerque's India Palace just isn't all that great to me. The food was mediocre....but acceptable....and did fix my craving for Indian food...but the service was atrocious. We knew we would be getting there right before closing so we called first and were encouraged to come right on, that it would be just fine. We arrived about 15 minutes before their closing hour for their lunch. buffet...and were made to feel teribly unwelcome. The waiters glared at us....we were reminded that it was close to closing...we received no help and had to seat ourselves. The buffet started being removed before we got our food...no one came over to say to us, "We are going to remove the food. Would you like to go back now for anything you want more of?" We just looked up and there the food went...going, going, gone! No one ever came over to ask us if we needed anythingk, to refill our water, etc. It was only too clear that they wanted us OUT of there. I realize that it was our fault coming in so late----but we DID call first....so there is on excuse for such poor service and such an ugly attitude. I would never eat there again...even if I were dying for Indian food! Albuquerque must have other Indian restaurants, I would think.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not Impressed with India Palace

The best Indian cuisine in Albuquerque is Bombay Grill. This is located by Cottonwood Mall. Bombay Grill would be in my Top Five Restaurants in Albuquerque. Good service, reasonably priced and the food is excellent.

Level Contributor
669 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not Impressed with India Palace

I have been curious about Bombay Grill....it's the one off Alameda across from Sunflower Market? I really like Pars Diner near Jefferson/I-25.

Belmont...
Level Contributor
672 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not Impressed with India Palace

I'm not sure what the connection would be between Indian food and Pars?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not Impressed with India Palace

I'm curious as to which location you visited. I believe there is an India Palace on Wyoming and another on the Westside. Unfortunately, the person who took your call was not the same person that served you. I have had the same experience at other buffets in town, so now I just know better than go 15 minutes before closing. Even if they had left the food out it probably wouldn't be the freshest. If you've ever compared the prices of an average Indian lunch buffet and their dinner menu, you can see why they weren't scrambling to prepare you fresh choices. Live and learn, I guess. Another great Indian food lunch buffet is the Taj Mahjal on Carlisle just north of Constitution--just don't go there, or any other buffet, 15 minutes before closing.

Jesusita

5. Re: Not Impressed with India Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 22:20