We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta?

Which Albuquerque hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Coming to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta?

Long range weather forecast for Oct 6-10th. Things can change in two weeks though. LOL

Sunny, highs in the upper 70's, lows in the low 50's. Beautiful!

Dress in layers!

Have a great time!

Texas
Level Contributor
229 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta?

I really wish I could be there!!! But bad time of the year to take off work. Hope someone will post some pics on this website so we that can't attend can at least see them. Some day I will be living close by and I won't miss any of the wonderful events that happen there.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,982 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta?

We will be there the first weekend and for one of the special shapes balloon glows. I'll get photos!

It is a great event.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta?

Great news about the weather! I just hope it won't change, especially for 10/7, which is the first full day my husband and I will be there! I'm really excited because it's our first time to the Balloon Fiesta, and we've tried to plan this trip several times over the past few years.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,982 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta?

If the weather stays like it is right now, it is wonderful!!! Mid 70's as a high temp today! It is starting to be fall!!!

Enjoy!

Texas
Level Contributor
229 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coming to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta?

Oh, how lucky you all are. We are still having mid 90's. I can't wait until the cooler weather.

Thanks Casa for taking the pics. I would love to see them. I will just have to be content with reading everyone's post about the event. So please post a review and pics.

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coming to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta?

Think I got lucky. Headed to Phoenix and then was planning to drive to Santa Fe in a day or so. I now find out that the Balloon Fiesta is happening/beginning the day I have a room booked in Abq. Then a couple nights in Santa Fe.

Any suggestions on where to shoot photos..

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,982 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coming to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta?

Be on the field during a mass ascension. That is the best place for photos, unless you have a big lens for telephoto.

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coming to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta?

any suggestions on where to stay during my drive form Phoenix to Abq? I know a very vague question but GCNP is out fo rthis trip and I have a couple nights booked in Santa Fe beginning Oct 6....I am open to anything and just want to explore the area further....

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coming to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta?

Is Petroglyph Monument a good vantage point for the balloon rally. I do have a long, 100-400 Canon lens, and I thought the backdrop might be great.

Also planning on spending a least a day at the rally...sounds like fun and I have never been to one...

Thanks for yours and all the other great tips here...

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coming to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta?

Is Petroglyph Monument a good vantage point for the balloon rally. I do have a long, 100-400 Canon lens, and I thought the backdrop might be great.

Also planning on spending a least a day at the rally...sounds like fun and I have never been to one...

Thanks for yours and all the other great tips here...