We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thanksgiving in Albuquerque 2007

walnut
1 post
Save Topic
thanksgiving in Albuquerque 2007

I will be traveling to ABQ to see my daughter and need a recommendation for restaurants that will be open thanksgiving day

Belmont...
Level Contributor
672 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thanksgiving in Albuquerque 2007

I am not sure if you are looking for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner or not, but we recently dined at the Prairie Star, just north of Albuquerque on the Santa Ana pueblo. Food is delicious and I saw a Thanksgiving menu when we walked in, but can't remember what was on it. They are a little pricey, but the food was fantastic. If you call them, I imagine they can fax you the menu. Their number is 505. 867.3327

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
345 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thanksgiving in Albuquerque 2007

76 traveler,

Welcome! Hope you're coming a few days early to enjoy this amazingly beautiful and warm weather we're having.

The last poster recommended Prairie Star. I think that is a good recommendation, but it's in Bernalillo, and you may not want to go that far. (It's about 10-15 minutes north of abq.)

In the city, I'd recommend the Rancher's Club (located in the Hilton on University). It's pricey, but it's extremely elegant with impeccable service and delicious food. I checked with them, and they are serving their regular menu plus a traditional thanksgiving menu. If you're not in the mood for turkey, I highly recommend their steaks--yummy!! Make a reservation as early as possible.

I'd also recommend Seasons Rotisserie, and Whisque Mesquite Grill & Bar, but I couldn't find out if they're open for Thanksgiving or not. They do have websites you can look at.

While checking around, I learned that some of my favorite restaurants are closed for the holiday, but you might want to check them out the next day: Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro, Great American Steakhouse, Yanni's, and Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse.

If you can't already tell, I'm partial to steak! But if you're in the mood for a little Mexican/New Mexican food, try Perea's, El Norteno, Mariscos Altamar, the Frontier, or Los Equipales.

Does that give you some food for thought? :)

Enjoy your visit to the land of enchantment!

3. Re: thanksgiving in Albuquerque 2007

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 07:16