We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Which Albuquerque hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kitchener
Level Contributor
998 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

We will be visiting Albuquerque in July -- two adults. should we stay downtown or in the 'burbs'? Any other accommodation advice is most helpful. If possible, we like staying in a city and being able to walk to dinner, etc. however a number of our trips will be into the surrounding area and we will us Albuquerque as a base. Advice?

Belmont...
Level Contributor
672 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

If you like bed and breakfasts, there are several in the Old Town area that are nice ( Bottger Mansion is my fave ) which will put you within walking distance of a few places but you may want to explore other areas ( Uptown, Nob Hill, Corrales, etc. ) for dining and shopping and all are easily accesible by car. Downtown is a business area, which does slow down at night and there are not many places to dine downtown. Uptown might be good, as you are close to the freeway, as well as the new Uptown shops and several local restaurants.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,818 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

This Oct. we'll be staying in Albuquerque at both ends of our trip. I did quite a bit of research into lodging and finally chose these 2 places: Los Poblanos Inn (www.lospoblanos.com) for its beautiful private acreage at the northwestern edge of town (we'll probably drive to Corrales for dinner that nite), and Casas de Suenos (www.casasdesuenos.com) for its somewhat sequestered feeling yet closeness to Old Town (about 3 blks). You can take a look at these 2 and see if they may be a good fit for you.

New Hartford...
Level Contributor
159 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

I'd also recommend the Old Town area if you want to be able to walk. There are quite a few good restaurants, lots of shops, historical sites and museums all within walking distance. There are the B&Bs mentioned above, and also the Best Western and Hotel Albuquerque on Rio Grande Blvd which are also within easy walking distance of the old plaza. Most other parts of town you'll find you need to drive where you're going.

Cottage Hills...
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

We stayed at the Hotel Albuquerque and found it to be neatly located within walking distance of everything in the Old Town section of the city.

In Old Town, there are many good and quaint restaurants, all serving reasonably priced menues. There is also a lot to see among the quaintly furnished and decorated buildings.

There are also tours available not just for Albuquerque, but for distant locations like Santa Fe to the north.

For a tour, reasonably priced, and pleasant people, we would recommend Follow the Sun Tours.

Hope your stay is pleasant.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
385 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

Forestvillan -

If you dine in Corrales, I recommend trying the Indigo Crow, one of my favorites.

All Others -

The Hotel Albuquerque is very nice, and conveniently located. I also really like Los Poblanos Inn, just a beautiful area of town to stay. I've put the in-laws up there a couple times, and they loved it.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,818 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay?

Thanks, NM--I will put Indigo Crow (love the name) on my list!

Kitchener
Level Contributor
998 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay?

Thank you all very much -- I was worried there would be too much 'tourist stuff' only in the central area to stay there as well. The Hotel Albuquerque looks good though. I really appreciate the feedback.

8. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 00:19