We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a perfect day for balloons

Which Albuquerque hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
345 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
a perfect day for balloons

I am having my morning coffee on my back porch watching balloons float directly over my home. I am also watching the broadcast on TV, and I watched the balloon glow last night from my parents' back porch.

I am so lucky to live here and see this every year! Today is an absolutely perfect day for balloons, and I can't get over the wonder and the spectacle! (Even though I see it every year, LOL!)

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,848 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a perfect day for balloons

It has been a great fall this year! We won't make it to the Fiesta this year, just but watched Channel 4 this morning! Gotta love that Steve Stucker and his silly outfit!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a perfect day for balloons

This was an almost perfect morning for the mass ascension! I made it out from my East side home to photograph the event from around the field, and ended up in Rio Rancho! Where the wind blows, the balloons go... and the photographers follow below. :-)

Once again however, we've had cancellations during Balloon Week by winds. I will therefore give my annual advice to anyone entertaining thoughts of coming to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta...plan on being here for at least four days, and three nights, so you do not leave disappointed. During the day you can make great side trips to Santa Fe, Taos, Acoma Pueblo, or Albuquerque's outstanding attractions such as historic Old Town, the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center, the new Balloon Museum adjacent to the fiesta's field...etc. Hope to see "YOU" in 2010!

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a perfect day for balloons

I would like to add the following to all the other comments: Use the shuttles from the various locations around town, at least on the weekends. I live on the west side, go to work at 6:00 a.m. and the traffic reports are really bad. Long waits in line on I-25 and Alameda. Park and ride is just a lot easier. The other suggestion from an hotel employee: BOOK EARLY!!!, and book directly with the hotel. A lot less hassle.

4. Re: a perfect day for balloons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2010, 05:19