We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Restaurant

Which Albuquerque hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
st augustine fl
Level Contributor
299 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Restaurant

What is THE most romantic one? Requirements are: romantic, excellent service ,fresh food of high quality. Oh, the favorite food choice is steak and lobster, but other choices will work. Need good advice before February! Thanks in advance!!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Restaurant

My #1 recommendation would be "Antiquity." Situated in an old adobe former hacienda in the SW corner of historic Old Town, Antiquity has been a favorite "special occasion" restaurant for years now. Reservations are a must, and the service (while attentive) can be slow at times. It is not inexpensive, but the best in food, service people, and above all "atmosphere" usually are not are they? :-)

Currently it is rated #2 in T/A's listings for Albuquerque's restaurants. Steaks and seafood are their specialty.

Antiquity Restaurant: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60933-d44…

Enjoy your visit, and your meal.

Belmont...
Level Contributor
672 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Restaurant

I would second the vote for Antiquity. It's quiet, food is amazing, service is perfect and prices reflect that, but it's worth the price.

st augustine fl
Level Contributor
299 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Restaurant

Thank you, to both of you. After reading the reviews for romantic rest. I was leaning towards that one!!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
345 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Restaurant

Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse. I think it's more romantic because of the dark walls and all the candlelight. Also, I like the food better in general, but in the steak department, VHVS wins hands down over Antiquity, imho. Not even in the same category.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,693 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Restaurant

I really want to try Vernon's! Is it appropriate to take a teen if we dine early? He's well trained as teenagers go, lol!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
345 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Restaurant

I can't imagine that having a teenager would be a problem. Especially a well-trained one, ha ha! If you're not sure, give them a call (you'll need to call for reservations anyway). I haven't seen any babies or small children, but I've only been a few times.

It's worth the trip, imho. It's unique in ABQ right now.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic Restaurant

We just ate at Lucia's in the Andaluz Hotel downtown.

http://www.hotelandaluz.com/restaurant/

and liked it very much.

The cooking was upscale, service very good, and the decor is "modern romantic" (light rather than dark?)

8. Re: Romantic Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2010, 05:18