We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

French Macaroons Cookies, Where to buy in NM???

Which Albuquerque hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rio Rancho, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
French Macaroons Cookies, Where to buy in NM???

I am new here in New Mexico and adore those tasty little French cookies called "Macaroons". Does anyone know a Bakery in New Mexico to get them?

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
345 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: French Macaroons Cookies, Where to buy in NM???

I've never heard of French Macaroons, only coconut macaroons, but try giving ABC bakery a call and ask if they make them. I love their cookies!

Here's their website: abccakeshop.com

Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: French Macaroons Cookies, Where to buy in NM???

While I agree with ABQInfo that macaroons aren't particularly French, I think you might be able to find some at the French Pastry Shop & Restaurant, 100 East San Francisco Street in Santa Fe. I'd also wager that you might find some pretty decent ones at Trader Joe's.

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: French Macaroons Cookies, Where to buy in NM???

Macaroons and Macarons are very different. I too have developed an addiction to the French ones, they are light and crispy with lots of different flavors. epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Espresso-B… I won't turn down a coconut macaroon dipped in dark chocolate either. Mitch's lead on the French Pastry Shop in SF would be my best guess also.

Edited: 05 August 2010, 22:16
Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: French Macaroons Cookies, Where to buy in NM???

Ugh, bad link. See this one for a description amazon.com/The-Tea-Room-TR-PF5-Macaroons/…

Rio Rancho, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: French Macaroons Cookies, Where to buy in NM???

Oh yes quite different from coconut once you get your mouth on one you can't stop eating they are soo good mostly a cookie of meringue and layered in between with chocolate, raspberry. lemon and so many others but I will look into locally at some cafes maybe find some. Thanks for the help :)

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for Albuquerque, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: French Macaroons Cookies, Where to buy in NM???

Try Le Chantilly in NE ABQ? It's been around a long time. I forgot about them and recently re-visited. Good place for a lunch. Try calling.

I did find a menu after searching. No macaroons or macarons but petit fours:

www.lechantillybakery.com/LeChantillyMenu.pdf

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: French Macaroons Cookies, Where to buy in NM???

Stop you guys!!!! You've made my mouth water, and I'm on a diet.

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: French Macaroons Cookies, Where to buy in NM???

Just in case you can't find them this blog has some great recipes with really creative flavors. http://www.mytartelette.com/ I haven't tried making them yet but that's because I'm currently stuck in the Northeast and the humidity would destroy anything delicate. Back to Colorado soon and then I'm thinking dark chocolate with peppermint in the middle for holiday gifts.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
584 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: French Macaroons Cookies, Where to buy in NM???

Must agree with Dogmama, they are so easy to make why bother buying them? Most people must have the ingrediants already in their store cupboards. Come on - get the pans outs!

Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
160 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: French Macaroons Cookies, Where to buy in NM???

The guy who owns La Quiche Parisienne downtown (I think his name is Bruno) is a French gov't certified Master Baker from Bordeaux. Macarons are not on his regular roster, but he's a very nice guy and I'm sure he could bake them for you with notice. He also has a great booth at the Saturday morning farmer's market at Robinson Park on 8th St. Best croissants in NM.