We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taste of New Mexico

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taste of New Mexico

Just came across this today. Seems like a great, fun time to coincide with the Balloon Fiesta. Looks like the weather will be perfect.

Any locals' thoughts/opinions?

www.cabq.gov/fun/events/taste-of-new-mexico

www.thetasteofnewmexico.com/Default.aspx

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for Albuquerque, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taste of New Mexico

Sounds like it could be good. It has good sponsors involved. The Civic Plaza is a GREAT place for an event like this. Promising food, wine, beer, music. They aren't giving many details from what I can see, and it would be first year. Just not hearing much about it, though. (I would wonder, however, how busy restaurants could stretch their kitchens and staff with busiest season upon them; but, like I said, these type of events, with these types of sponsors, at the Civic Plaza, are usually good.) And agree the weather looks good ahead, although some years it wouldn't be. Advise to keep ears open.

Belmont...
Level Contributor
672 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taste of New Mexico

Their website is really bad.

I know part of the event is to crown the winner of the Rock This Restaurant makeover and that the 20 top finalists are participating in the Taste of NM.

The RTR website is equally as bad...not a lot of updated information, etc.

http://rockthisrestaurant.com/Default.aspx

Good friends of ours own one of the places being considered for a makeover so of course we're pulling for them, but the event sounds like it'll be fun.

I ASSUME that each the tickets gets one a sample from each place, but that's certainly not clear from the site.

colorado
Level Contributor
403 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taste of New Mexico

I think thats what it means too. Another fun thing to do is the Rio Grande Arts and Crafts festival.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
345 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taste of New Mexico

If you click through the "buy tickets" button, it'll tell you prices: $10=12 tasting coupons, $20=25 tasting coupons. It seems that it's free to go to the event and listen to the music & entertainment, you just pay for tastings.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
345 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taste of New Mexico

Hey, good luck to your friends, Karma! I'll keep my fingers crossed for them.

6. Re: Taste of New Mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2011, 07:17