We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farmers markets in ABQ

stanwood
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Farmers markets in ABQ

Will be in ABQ 5/19-22. Are there any farmers markets that will be open? We are staying in Old Town, but will also have a car. Thanks in advance.

New Hartford...
Level Contributor
159 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farmers markets in ABQ

The Los Ranchos market on Rio Grande Blvd (Saturday mornings) should be open by May. I believe most of the other markets in the area open later in the year.

You might also visit the flea market at the fairgrounds on the weekend - there are frequently vendors there selling home-grown produce

Here is a web site with info on all of the NM markets:

http://farmersmarketsnm.org/

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for Albuquerque, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Farmers markets in ABQ

good web site, thomas. the los ranchos market at the village "center" is the one I know best. small but good. at a park, with playground. drive through north valley on Rio Grande Blvd. is very nice. direct shot from Old Town. watch your speed. the one in Corrales is the other I hear about often. also a nice drive. still "rural".

Edited: 27 April 2011, 16:10
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
345 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Farmers markets in ABQ

It looks like the Los Ranchos market is the only one that will be open at that time. Most of our farmers markets don't start until the 28th, which is, sadly, six days after you leave.

The good news is that this will give you a chance to drive down Rio Grande, which is one of the prettiest drives in Albuquerque. Don't speed--those Los Ranchos cops are serious! Bleicher is right about that!

If you like wine, continue down Rio Grande to Casa Rondena, a beautiful winery where you can sample NM wines and listen to the wind in the cottonwoods. Very beautiful and peaceful.

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for Albuquerque, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Farmers markets in ABQ

whole heartily agree that casa rondena would be nice stop, so close, such a nice place, but thinking about it more...may be very early start on wine given the early hours of farmers markets. maybe not. it's a saturday; the weather is likely great.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
345 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Farmers markets in ABQ

Yeah, I think where wine is concerned it's important to start early and finish late! LOL. I think Casa Rondena opens at 11am, which might work out: lets say you hit the farmer's market around 10am, pick up some yummy picnic goodies, head over to Casa Rondena about 11am, and enjoy your picnic with a glass of wine or sangria. Or just do a tasting and pick up a bottle of wine for later. But I digress, as usual.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
884 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Farmers markets in ABQ

On Saturdays, we have a Farmers Market in Santa Fe.

http://www.santafefarmersmarket.com/

It would be a good excuse to take the Railrunner Train. The last stop is in the Railyard right next to the Farmers Market.

Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
160 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Farmers markets in ABQ

I second Whitecar's recommendation of the Santa Fe Farmer's Market. Huge and really great. If you want to drive, parking's not too terrible if you get there early.

8. Re: Farmers markets in ABQ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 03:18