We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day visit

Which Albuquerque hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
26,882 posts
382 reviews
Save Topic
1 day visit

We have a full day to visit Santa Fe and Albuquerque before we fly out the next day for home. What are must sees in the area? Thanks

PS. We will be there the end of September.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
378 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day visit

If you only have one day, I would pick either Santa Fe or Albuquerque, and not attempt to see both. Most visitors choose Santa Fe. Are you planning on staying overnight? Interests?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
26,882 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day visit

Would the old town/historic square area of Santa Fe be a nice place to visit? We have a hotel booked at the Albuquerque airport that night and we fly out the next morning around 9:30 am. We love history, antiques and historic sites/national parks. Thanks for any additional info on visiting the area.

Edited: 10 June 2012, 18:10
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,709 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 day visit

Yes the Plaza area is nice and is the main place to visit when coming to Santa Fe. It is only 1 hour drive from SF to Abq airport area so you can visit all day and drive to your hotel that evening.

vcv
Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 day visit

I'd choose Santa Fe. There's enough to occupy most of a day just in the plaza area, but there are also lots of art galleries in what I think is called the Canyon Rd. area (which I didn't get to on my most recent NM trip). I like the atmosphere at La Fonda (one of the old hotels) for lunch--last fall, we just walked in without reservations.

If you choose Albuquerque, consider taking the tram up Sandia Peak.

Have a great trip.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
26,882 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 day visit

Thanks. I think we will spend the day in Santa Fe then head to the hotel at the airport.

6. Re: 1 day visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 02:41