We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian jewelry shopping ??

Connecticut
Level Contributor
53 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Indian jewelry shopping ??

I am attending a conference and staying at the Hyatt next to the convention center. I need:

1. Names and locations of quality Indian jewelry stores.

2. Restaurant suggestions.

I am traveling alone and would not want to walk alone significant distances from the hotel. Looking for high quality but convenient to my hotel on foot or by cab. Thanks!!

Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
36 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian jewelry shopping ??

The only one that is close to the Hyatt is Sunwest Silver. This is on 4th and Lomas, around 2-3 blocks from the Hyatt. They have almost everything you can think of. It will take time to walk around and see everything, they have the jewerly sorted by color and stones.

Another is Gertrude Zachary which is on 14th and Lomas, this is not walking distance but they have nice jewerly. Across the street is Palm Trading and they have nice stuff also.

Restaurant suggestions:

Since you are downtown you will have a wide choice of restaurants on Central Ave., which is our main street and 2 blocks from your hotel.

los angeles
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian jewelry shopping ??

yes, there are great restuarants on central, both to the left and right, but you may not feel comfortable walking to them after dark alone. i was not bothered myself but did see several homeless persons on my short two block walk. this area is completely empty after the downtown offices close. after you get to central there is no problem, but during the week many of the restuarants close early.

los angeles
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian jewelry shopping ??

yes, there are great restuarants on central, both to the left and right, but you may not feel comfortable walking to them after dark alone. i was not bothered myself but did see several homeless persons on my short two block walk. this area is completely empty after the downtown offices close. after you get to central there is no problem, but during the week many of the restuarants close early.